Senior System Engineer- Store Platform
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs METRO SYSTEMS ROMANIA active
View all jobs Senior System Engineer- Store Platform active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Requirements
Why should you join us?
Metro Systems does more than build and operate the best retail software in the world. It is a place to explore potential, eliminate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. Our company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. We seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Metro Systems, it is about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Currently we are looking for an experienced System Architect with experience in a broad range of technologies and a passion to push the boundaries of existing systems.
What we’re looking for:
• Design, automate, troubleshoot and manage store infrastructure, including network, virtual servers, deployment pipelines and devices
• Build tools to automate manual processes
• Design and build monitoring and alerting systems including metrics to determine causation and correlation of events in store infrastructure
• Respond to critical system outages, security breaches and create postmortems.
• Test new technologies and implement proof of concepts for solutions in area of security, deployment, monitoring etc.
• Ensure the readiness of other teams involved in the operation and support process by documenting procedures and released tools
• Offer support for deployment issues and related topics
You’re a great fit if you have:
• Advance knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
• One or more of the following programming languages: Go, C, C++, Java, Python, Ruby, C#
• Familiarity of continuous deployment pipelines and software distribution tools (Jenkins, SCCM, etc.)
• Firm knowledge in network technologies (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, PXE, TFTP)
• Firm knowledge of virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
• Previous experience with logging and monitoring technologies like Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK stack, or similar.
• Ability to work across teams to continuously analyze system performance in production, troubleshoot reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
• Ability to structure new / unknown topics and to interpret complex information
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
• Knowledge of IoT and customer facing devices and related technologies would be an advantage.
What we offer:
• Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
• Career programs
• Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
• Flexible working hours
• Lunch tickets
• Medical subscription and life insurance
• Private pension
• Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
• Good transport connections and free parking
• Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
• Free Bookster.ro account
• And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.