Software Development Intern - Customer Contact IT Engineering - Amazon
The Customer Contact IT Engineering team is a new team in Iasi, Romania, tasked to reshape the way all Amazonians work. Our mission is to build a fully automatic one-stop-shop for all IT needs in Amazon. We’re building the web and mobile UIs that will be the starting point for IT queries in the company. The highlight will be AIVA (Amazon IT Virtual Agent), a virtual assistant which will automate resolution of common IT issues our 300,000+ employees are reporting. AIVA will leverage natural language processing and machine learning technologies to provide the ideal experience to any Amazonian in need of help.
As a software development intern, you will work in a start-up like environment, on a green-field development project and collaborate with internal and external teams on issues ranging from smart UIs, to scalability, reliability and engineering excellence, to machine learning and natural language processing technologies. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the bottom-line of the company. You will work along our experienced software engineers, and learn how to build solutions at Amazon's scale.
Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. If you're interested in helping us shape our journey and being part of the team, then please apply to find out more.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience
· Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as C#, C++, Java, or Ruby
· Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including software architecture, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Understanding of User Interface design principles
· Experience with mobile application development
· Candidates should have strong computer science grades and should be passionate about Internet technology