Software Test Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs ALTEN Romania active
View all jobs Software Test Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
ALTEN Romania, a subsidiary of ALTEN Group – with a unique position as a European Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, was established in 2006 in Bucharest, with the aim to provide technical consulting for the customers of this specific market. Since its inception, the company grew and now has offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Sibiu and Cluj-Napoca.
Through its team of over 300 specialists in software development, business analysis, business intelligence, PMO, Project Management, testing, technical support, automotive and aerospace engineering, ALTEN Romania is providing specialized services, both on the local and international markets in business sectors such as: aerospace, automotive, finances, pharmaceutics and telecom.
ALTEN Romania has a technical team of consultants and experts in engineering specialized in CATIA V5, NewPDM, SolidWorks, Matlab/Simulink, HIL, Autosar and others, while the IT Division has precise specializations like: Java, .NET, PHP, C#, C++, SIEBEL, Informatica PowerCenter, Cognos, MS BI and Oracle BI, BSCS and more.
- Experience in testing or production deployment (SIT, UAT, Pre-Production) according to the knowledge of the methodologies and processes related to management of testing / production systems;
- Experience in systems integration, including management of issues of interconnection, communication, configuration...etc.
- Understanding of complex distributed systems
- Previous experience in the use of procedures for Deployment/Configuration Management
- Strong level of OS knowledge: UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX), Linux, Windows
- Experience with scripting languages: Ksh, Bash, Perl, Python
- Good level of knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and REST protocols
- High level of expertise of Web Servers, Application Servers and Middleware applications such as: Apache, Tomcat, Oracle WEB Logic, JBoss, IIS
- Good experience with Databases: Oracle, SQL, MySql
- SoapUI experience - optional
Other Requirements (Competencies):
- Knowledge of English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected
- Work effectively in teams; collaborate with other teams
- This role demands positive mind-set, hands on delivery experience, solution understanding and ability to quickly adapt / learn new solutions delivery
- Pro-active person, with the necessary drive to create and maintain the work procedures
- Motivation to automate and improve repetitive manual tasks
- Relevant degree or above in telecom, IT or electronic engineering.
- Flexible in changing work patterns and demands.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within a global, remote workforce.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Evaluate and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines
- Participate in feature development from concept to design to construction in order to drive quality into not only the software application, but also the culture of the organization
- Plan, design, and author effective test cases
- Develop automated tests for your test cases and integrate your automations into test suites
- Design and develop tools for test management, execution and reporting to enhance the overall software testing process
- Write, revise, and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design, product evaluation and quality assurance
- Review computer operating log to identify program processing errors
- Observes computer monitoring/performance metrics during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors
- Identifies differences between established standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards
- Adapts to new Testing software/ALM software that the company might decide to use
- Conduct compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs
- Test implementations/integrations with third party platforms
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation
- Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction
- May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program