Lead DevOps Engineer
The role is within the Reference Data Team which sits within the Application Services Division.You will be part of a DevOps engineering team working in a pod model spread across both Equities and FX.We strive for our engineers to work within agile, self-managed teams that emphasise standard process and believe quality is everyone's responsibility. You will bring an enthusiastic " build it you run it" mentality whilst making sure they share their knowledge while removing constraints.You will have the opportunity to drive how we craft, build, and implement cloud solutions. It goes hand in hand that improving the environments and ensuring service availability will be a key part of this role.Tech ProfileAWS, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Anthos, Kubernetes, ECR, Kafka, Datadog, Moogsoft, Big Panda, Git, Bitbucket, Elastic Search, Scripting Technologies (Bash / Python / PowerShell / Groovy), Control-M, Jira, Confluence, Stack OverflowResponsibilities
- Leads own workload and provides mentorship on best practises while encouraging a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Design and build scalable and robust infrastructure solutions ensuring reliability, performance and security in line with project requirements.
- Drive automation across development, testing and deployment processes to enhance efficiency and reduce manual intervention.
- Build, Implement and optimise CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins / GitLab) to streamline software delivery and improve deployment frequency.
- Integrate new DevOps tooling (Gitlab) and technologies to support the development and operational needs of the organisation.
- Champion the use of IaC principles and tools to provision and manage infrastructure (Terraform) in a repeatable and efficient manner.
- Implement robust monitoring and logging solutions (Datadog, BigPanda) to ensure proactive issue detection and resolution.
- Collaborate with security teams to implement and maintain secure DevOps practises ensuring compliance with the organisation's standards and policies (Black Duck).
- Provide incident response escalation, troubleshooting complex issues and implement preventative measures (ServiceNow, Jira)
- Contribute to cost-effective infrastructure management and resource allocation.
- Ensure comprehensive and up-to-date documentation of infrastructure, processes and configurations (Confluence, Jira)
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends, incorporating them into continuous improvement.
- has a passion for architecting and building cloud native solutions
- has experience in automating infrastructure provisioning and application deployment
- understands and can implement Infrastructure as Code patterns and practices
- can build CI/CD pipelines orchestrating the promotion of code
- can define and implement cloud native operational requirements
- understands the importance of observability and has experience in implementing cloud alerting solutions
- has an open and collaborative attitude keeping artifacts up to date and relevant while actively promoting knowledge sharing
- 6+ years AWS knowledge and experience of services (common + serverless, PrivateLink, SNS, SQS, WAF, API GW, integrations between services, EKS, ECS)
- Technical Lead experience
- Terraform - write deployments from scratch, organise/optimise code & modules.
- Scripting (more experience with programming, Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, Go)
- Jenkins - build complex pipelines using various strategies and the ability to build a shared library's (Groovy)
- GitLab - can understand GitLab functionalities (SVC, CI/CD, RBAC, API; integrations with other systems)
- Knowledge of testing tools/frameworks for Terraform code
- GIT (ability to develop branching strategies & organise/optimise code or GIT usage)
- Basic networking skills (subnets, DNS, firewalls, basic solving: eg. Telnet, nc, check used ports)
- Linux knowledge (basic + exprience with multiple distributions, understand boot process, fix system services, cloud-init)
- Knowledge of TF wrappers (eg. Terragrunt)
- LSEG Infra knowledge (LSEG AWS LZ, ways of interacting with external/central teams, LSEG dev environment)
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.