SFI Model Manager - Climate Models
The Model Manager - Climate Models, is accountable for the execution and well-functioning of SFI (Sustainable Finance & Investing) models they supervise. In the case of new models for managing end to end their delivery to feeds and desktop on time and on budget.
As model subject matter expert, they are at the intersection with numerous key partners: internal customers such as FTSE Russell, external clients, marketing, quality assurance, model risk governance, research, content operations and engineering to name a few.
The model owner is responsible for steering evolutions and notifying changes to all key partners as well as implementing non-methodological updates to the model. They will also be responsible for signing attestations on a quarterly basis confirming that all materials relating to the models they own are up to date, that model controls are in place with relevant performance data
- Models are running accurately and are robust with high service availability.
- For new models, manage the end-to-end process from requirements, research, and validation to productionizing and support.
- Making sure our internal and external facing documentation about models are up to date and accurate.
- Making sure we operate in such a way that internal service level agreements are respected, so key teams have the time required to perform their actions and ultimately make sure the models are refreshed in a scheduled cadence.
- Works with content management to make sure data sources have been refreshed for all live models and ensuring refreshes are done in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate the validation of the model and model output with Model Validation Team and Research Team.
- Support the development/upgrades of models with the Research Teams in case of methodological updates, and implement non-methodological updates such as schema changes or change of input sources,
- As the SME, provide content to our marketing teams for external and internal facing collateral
- Follow internal standard processes around model risk governance. Quarterly attestations along with regular reporting on the controls and output performance.
- Significant changes to model which would have a material impact on internal and external customers will need to be raised at the PCB (Product Commercials Board) for approval.
- Notify clients/internal partners of model changes and upcoming changes in input data that they have been notified of.
- Collaborate with Model Quality Assurance peer to fix any data issues (both input and output).
- Work alongside the Business Analyst so that both the model requirements are being clearly laid out, but also supporting with content on the step-by-step functioning of the model.
- Knowledge of company reference and financial data and related market data.
- Strong experience in Data Analysis, Modelling, Domain Specification/Design/Mapping, Data Transformation including Business Transformation, APIs.
- Deep understanding of how data is sourced, collected, transformed, validated, managed, used, governed, and controlled within a data centric organisation.
- Good working experience with Agile and Scrum, with solid, proven experience of performing business analysis activities in a scalable Agile environment.
- Good knowledge of Python, R or Matlab. Ability to utilise, Python, SQL to query database tables.
- Understanding of quantitative tools and techniques, with the skills to perform quantitative analysis required.
- Understanding/Curiosity about Sustainability Investments.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to think logically to solve business problems.
- Excellent written and oral communications as well as interpersonal skills; ability to explain technical detail to business facing customers and business change detail to technical facing partners.
- Collaborative, with intellectual curiosity to independently research topics.
- Solid experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira, and Confluence).
- Strong soft skills including engagement with many and various stakeholders, and ability to communicate requirements in a clear, accurate, concise, engaging, and thorough manner.
- At least 5 years' experience.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios! If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career!
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.