Paid Internship Procurement
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs SLB active
View all jobs Paid Internship Procurement active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Acquisitions - Logistics - Supplies active on Hipo.ro
We are SLB
Our story begins with what it truly means to be a technology innovator. It stems from a common sense of purpose that unites the people of SLB who, representing more than 160 nationalities, provide leading digital solutions and deploy ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry.
With expertise in more than 120 countries, we partner with customers in close collaboration to create industry-changing technologies that unlock cleaner, safer access to energy for every community—including those we live and work in.
We are SLB, and we are leading the energy industry forward—together.
We are industry leaders because of our exceptional and talented people. They are the core that drives our purpose and integrity, which fuel our belief that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their greatest potential. Ever-evolving and constantly innovating, we transcend every cultural and technological boundary set before us. Indeed, it is our diversity that makes us stronger. Together, we achieve more.
What are we looking for?
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for ensuring items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered seeking maximum value for the company including quality, better lead time and cost. The Procurement Specialist is responsible for delivering high-quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality, and timing. This person ensures quality of services provided and contributes to improvement and knowledge management of purchasing processes.
These responsibilities are activities that correspond to the metro stops and key processes.
- Qualify Purchasing Request by selecting the best vendor in terms of quality, price, and lead time
- Create and Maintain Purchase Order
- Refer the Qualification of the Purchasing request to another team if the estimated value of the purchase is out of scope
- Support the user defining purchase requests when needed.
- Follow up on any issues related to PO creation.
- Dispatch selective Purchase Orders to supplier.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers.
- Escalate complex issues to the Team/Category Procurement Leader.
- Perform problem solving for noncomplex issues with operations users.
- Trigger master data updates when required and within defined limits of responsibility.
- Track deviations and raise nonconformances in QUEST (Internal quality system).
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
Required And Desired Skills
▪ Previous experience in transactional procurement and/or supply chain function plus but not mandatory
▪ Previous experience in commercial negotiating with suppliers
▪ Effective Business Communication (Written and Oral)
▪ Ability to interact in English and potentially other language relevant in local hub
▪ Basic Supply Chain knowledge (Procurement, Purchasing, Sourcing, Supplier Management notions) ▪ Knowledge of Incoterms
▪ For Global IT Category → Knowledge of IT hardware
▪ For FES (Field Equipment and Services) Category → Knowledge of engineering, mechanics and/or electrical equipment
▪ For Chemicals Category → specific knowledge for the category
▪ Passion for customer service
▪ Effective at cross-functional / cross-cultural teamwork
▪ Ability to interact with operations persons on basic technical requests
▪ Ability to work quickly and on numerous requests simultaneously while under timeline pressures
▪ Bachelor’s degree
▪ Procurement Specialist reports directly to the Category Team Lead.
What we can offer:
- Work from home allowance;
- Bookster - for book lovers;
- We work hybrid, 2 days at the office and 3 days at home;
- Meal tickets;
- Private medical subscription - GOLD package;
- Life insurance;
- Company events, great office location ( near Grozavesti metro station, our office is in "The Bridge" buildings)
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation;
- Market-specific training and ongoing personal development;
- Career growth opportunities both national and international;
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development;
- International work environment;
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. The company offers excellent career development opportunities both horizontally and vertically based on hard work, dedication, and positive results.