Bid Construction Manager (BCM)
Let’s Talk About You!
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine dedication to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
A Snapshot of Your Day
The Bid Construction Manager is the point of contact and responsible for the coordination of all civil, erection, quality, health & safety and project management topics within the proposal team.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Evaluate and comment on customer specification and contract documents.
- Prepare consortium contract documents.
- Evaluate site-related project risk together with specialists from civil, erection and commissioning.
- Define mitigation measures.
- Support the specialists from civil & erection departments and procurement in the definition of the best project specific procurement strategy for on-site works
- Define the best setup for the project execution and calculation of the project- and site management costs
- Negotiate with customers and consortium partners
What You Bring
- Master’s degree in civil-, electrical- or mechanical engineering or equivalent (Dipl. Ing)
- At least 5 years of proven experience working on international construction sites.
- Sophisticated knowledge of construction and / or commissioning concepts.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, and additional foreign language skills (German) would be a significant advantage
- Great teammate communicating intercultural sensitivity, initiative, result- and quality-orientation.
- High motivation to develop new insights and help to improve our cost competitiveness
- Nice-to-have proficiencies in power plant technologies, proposal preparation, contracting and execution processes, claim management and experience in project management and environmental, health & safety standards
- Ability to understand and analyze sophisticated processes, advanced negotiation, evaluation and decision-making skills
- Relevant IT-applications knowledge (MS Excel, Power Point, Word, and Teams)
- Flexibility to travel internationally, performing negotiations with our customers and partners.
About the Team
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of groundbreaking technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected.
With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects.
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world.
- Professional development opportunities within the company.
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility.