Java Developer Trainee
Short company description
METRO Digital Romania is the tech product-led company of METRO, the leading international specialist for wholesale and food trade. With longstanding experience in global wholesale, METRO.digital develops customized IT services and products worldwide for all METRO countries. Located in Germany and Romania, the METRO.digital employees are working continuously on one goal: digitalizing the wholesale industry.
• Passionate about technology and about innovation in all fields.
• Relevant participation in school contests/Olympics/Hackathon events/extra-curricular activities.
• Familiar with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience.
• Familiar with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, Go or Python.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• An on-going bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science/ Informatics.
• Advanced English language skills.
• Natural curiosity and desire to learn, a passion for solving real world problems.
• Analytical, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
• Creative thinker.
• Fun to work with!
Your responsibilities will be defined based on the objectives and the development plan that you will create along with your mentor.
• Program duration: 6 months.
• Type of employment during program: 4h-6h-8h hours, Paid.
• Possible Integration at the end of the program: Full Time, Unlimited period.
• Experienced mentors that will be by your side during the entire program.
• Opportunity to work with new technologies.
• Great opportunity to jump-start your career.
• Onboarding and development program.
• Acquire hands-on experience in a revolutionary IT company.
What happens after applying?
We will review all the applications and we will contact you for the next steps.