Michelin, a leader in the field of tires, is dedicated to sustainably enriching of the mobility of goods and people through the production, distribution and marketing of tires for each type of vehicle. It also offers innovative business support services, digital mobility services and publishes travel, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and atlases.
The Michelin Group started its activity in Romania in August 2001.
Currently, Michelin has over 4400 employees in Romania, and 20 different fields of activity covering over 300 different jobs. Production facilities are based in three plants, one in Florești (Prahova) and two in Zalău. Our Shared Services Center in Bucharest delivers services in: purchasing, finance, logistics, sales administration and human resources.
Starting with 2018, Bucharest became a coordination center for the Central Europe region (20 countries).
In 2020, Michelin Romania obtained the Top Employers certification, from the renowned Top Employers Institute, for its Human Resources processes and policies, created for the benefit of its employees.
Moving forward together!
Towards your dreams! Towards your ambitions! Towards your career!
In Michelin, we show you confidence and we encourage and support you to reach your potential. With passion, enthusiasm and pride, we can build the future together, regardless of your experience.
It is common in Michelin for an Industrial Engineer to continue their career in the Shared Services Center, for a Polish to work in Romania, for a Romanian to become manager in Germany or for a woman to be Plant Manager. The diversity of jobs we manage in the Central Europe region allows us to build surprising career paths, together with our employees.
Choose to grow with Michelin!
Michelin Romania SA, as data Controller, will process the data pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation no. 679/2016 for the purpose of recruiting and selecting candidates.
Under the Regulation, you have the right of access; the right of rectification or right to erasure; the right to restriction of processing; the right to be notified about rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing; the right to object and the automated individual decision-making; the right to lodge a complaint with the competent national supervisory authority and before the competent courts; the right to restriction of processing and the right to data portability. You may exercise these rights by writing to us at 10 Sos. Bucuresti-Nord, Global City Business Park, Building O1, 3rd Floor, Voluntari, Ilfov County or at dataprivacy_EUC@michelin.com.
Before sending us any personal data, please consult the complete and permanently updated information regarding the processing of personal data included in the Data Processing Policy available on our website.
• Bachelor degree;
• Min 2-3 years experience in Purchasing preferably related to technical and engineering field;
• Good knowledge of the market especially on construction, engineering, integrators, industrial services;
• Highly business oriented;
• Eager to learn and progress fast; analytical and attentive to details;
• Negotiation skills;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, resilience, flexibility, adaptability, positive attitude even in difficult situations;
• Project Management experience is a plus;
• Leadership skills;
• Native in Romanian;
• Advanced in English (French is considered a plus).
The mission of the role :
Manage his/her portfolio of suppliers, on a specific geographical scope. The main areas of focus will be:
• contribute to definition of strategy by Category manager;
• be accountable for the deployment of the sourcing strategy;
• ensure value creation for Michelin and for suppliers.
• manage the risks.
Deployment of strategy, tactics and value creation:
• Understand the market, opportunities and threats;
• Define, even challenge of short-mid term needs of the internal partners of the perimeter;
• Apply the sourcing strategy defined by the category manager (some inputs given by the buyer) and the purchasing network;
• Make analysis and segmentation of the portfolio;
• Make tenders and negotiate.
• Define and deploy a sustainable short-mid term sourcing strategy, fulfilling internal partner's needs;
• Build contractual agreements;
• Teamwork with the contract manager for deployment and operational management of contracts;
• Identify opportunities for value creation and progress.
Relationship with internal and external partners:
• Manage key performance metrics of the portfolio;
• Define and manage progress plan with suppliers : Supplier Relationship Management, contract management;
• Capture innovation : Innovation With Suppliers cards (IWS);
• Facilitate application of Purchase to Pay process by internal and external partners;
• Evaluate/ anticipate risks (in particular business continuity) and implement mitigation action plans, if needed;
• Solve claims (non conformities, problems of supply…), in case of need.
• Apply Sourcing to Contract and Purchase to Pay processes;
• Ensure data quality on his/her scope.
What do we offer?
•Performance bonus for the obtained results;
•Medical and life insurances;
•Career development opportunities within a multinational context.
•Other: meal vouchers, cafeteria discount, etc.