Head of Logging and Monitoring Products for Logging and Monitoring Products team in Hosting
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs 1&1 Internet Development active
View all jobs Head of Logging and Monitoring Products for Logging and Monitoring Products team in Hosting active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
We are looking for someone passionate about heading our Logging and Monitoring product team in order to provide excellent products and services. The IONOS Logging and Monitoring PaaS team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced technical manager to support our engineers and lead the team that develops and runs our telemetry related products.
This person will be responsible for motivating and monitoring engineers, provide coaching and aid in personal growth and development. This newly founded team will focus on developing and maintaining diagnostic services for our enterprise customers, whether it’s Logging as a Service, Monitoring aaS, Alerting or Metrics Gathering.
Like in any IT environment, our customers require insight into their application’s health and well-being, as well as trend data and audit information. Our goal is to solve these challenges by providing services so that our customers don’t have to develop their own solutions.
The team also provides third level support. Our stack is based on cloud native technologies, such as GoLang, Kubernetes, K8s operators and will offer the relevant tools for telemetry such as Cortex, Prometheus, Alertmanager, Loki, ELK et al.
We are looking for someone strongly familiar with teams and processes, who will be accountable for the engineering team’s performance and quality. As such, you will also manage recruiting with the help of HR as we grow the team. This role reports into the Head of Engineering, Platform as a Service.
- Managing and maintaining and recruiting an excellent engineering team
- Planning and executing complex technical projects related to database service offerings
- Collaboration with technical leads
- Contribute to the overall architecture, design and development of database projects
- Managing software project schedules in collaboration with project management
- Maintain and improve team performance and quality of life
- Developing processes to improve product performance and quality
- Ensure successful product and feature rollouts, as well as reliable operations
- Create a healthy team culture and transparent communication
- Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring and one-to-one meetings
- Planning and executing training for the engineering team
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Agile mindset and extensive experience with modern development practices
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers
- Domain specific knowledge of logging, alerting and metrics solutions
- Solid hands-on experience with operations of these technologies including complex HA setups
- Experience with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Shipping products and coordinating releases with relevant players
- Developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support and product teams
- End-to-end quality best practices and their implementation
- Staffing, interviewing, building and retaining teams
- Conveying complex ideas in written, verbal and presentational formats
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes Operators and GoLang