General Ledger Accountant
Tenneco Inc., a $17 billion global manufacturing company, is pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We're one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of Ride Performance, Aftermarket, Powertrain and Clean Air products and technology solutions for diversified markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway equipment and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is present in Romania with the Global Shared Services Center in Bucharest and also with the Federal Mogul Braking products plant in Ploiesti, Prahova.
What will make you successful
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting from Trial Balance to P&L/Balance Sheet
• Professional accounting qualification is a plus
• Working knowledge of SAP, US GAAP
• Good Microsoft Office skills
• Fluency and ability to work in English
• Ability to work in another foreign language is a plus
• Good communication and time-management skills
• Tenacious and detail-orientated working style, with a drive to resolve issues
• Track record of continuous process improvement
• Proactive approach
• Flexibility during month-end closing
• Ensure timely and accurate booking of GL entries in SAP or other ERP, depending on the available IT infrastructure;
• Understand the rationale behind all GL postings, to ensure reasonableness;
• Prepare bank reconciliation;
• Perform month-end activities as required for reporting (opening/closing of SAP modules, inter-company reconciliations, currency revaluations, uploads of SAP results into One Stream, etc.) within a tight timescale;
• Prepare balance sheet and bank reconciliations, with supporting documentation according to the company’s standards and within the required time-scale;
• Follow-up of disputed/long-outstanding items to ensure integrity of the balance sheet;
• CAPEX accounting and reporting and assign tag numbers to fixed assets;
• Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations;
• Maintain up-to-date procedure documents in English;
• Support internal/external audit and Internal Control Office requests.
What we offer
We want to make you feel welcomed, challenged and inspired and so we’ve made sure to carefully put together a blend of benefits meant to boost your health and well-being, to ensure your personal and professional growth and also your integration in a pleasant day-to-day working environment.
What you can expect next
Our team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
At Tenneco, we are committed to the safety and health of our employees. We adhere to social distancing recommendations and other protocols, ensuring a safe work environment for all.