Junior IT Support Specialist
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience;
• Minimum 1 year working full time within a multi-cultural IT Helpdesk environment;
• Advanced English and communication skills (both written and verbal);
• Basic knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 and O365;
• Basic knowledge of Mac OSX;
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory user management
• Basic knowledge of Exchange Online user management
• Basic Networking protocols and troubleshooting knowledge;
• Remote support knowledge;
• Excellent communication, customer facing and organizational skills;
• Desire to learn new technologies, as this is an excellent opportunity for career development.
• Must have ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audience;
• Ability to follow documented processes, as well as, update and maintain documentation and knowledge base;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise systems like Office suite, SharePoint and O365; including advanced understanding of Excel and parsing data;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-pace environment and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work;
• Team player, but able to work independently;
• Resourceful, proactive and innovative - identifies issues and implements solutions, as required;
• Flexible and at ease in an environment with constant change;
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
• Highly organized with attention to detail and strong time management skills;
• Strong customer service orientation;
The Junior IT Support Specialist is primarily responsible for finding solutions, workarounds and/or fixes in order to maintain and improve the functionality of the systems as part of the 1st line of support.
• Registers incidents/requests received by phone/e-mail/ticketing system;
• Escalates the issues to the 2nd/3rd line of support (internal or external), if the case, records the solutions, workarounds and the steps taken in order to solve the issue in the recording service and notifies the user when it is solved;
• Produce and keep up to date different documents and procedures that are in relation with area of support, records new solutions in the Knowledge DB and acts proactively, providing a report with possible future issues that can arise in area of expertise and the solutions to prevent those issues;
• Participate in design and improvement ServiceDesk internal processes;
• Proactively identify issues within the environment and resolve them;
• Manage and prioritize issues and bugs with vendor and internal teams;
• Troubleshoots software and/or infrastructure issues as necessary, including hands-on correction of problems and working with necessary support teams to solve issues;
• Participate in DR/BCP plans;
• Install, configure and support continuous operation of standard notebooks, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines;
• Administration and maintenance of user accounts in AD and Online Exchange management platforms;
• Build a strong working relationship with the customers; understand their needs and processes to maximize productivity;
• Provide effective resolutions for issues submitted via ServiceDesk ticketing system. Ensure new tickets are reviewed, assigned and accepted within agreed SLA.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined above, the jobholder will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the Team Manager from time to time e.g. internal projects and initiatives. The jobholder will interact with customers, global IT staff members, project managers, auditors and vendors on a daily, weekly or monthly basis depending on needs.