DC Network Engineer
Euro-Testing Software Solutions is a privately-owned software company specialized in Full-Service Software Testing, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Identification & Management, Application and Data Security, Static & Dynamic Code Analysis as well as, DevOps/DevSecOps, Robotic Process Automation, Implementation and Customization for Atlassian and Micro Focus (HPE) products.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the Data Centre network infrastructure
- Good knowledge of Network equipment operation (Cisco router and switches, F5 Load Balancers and Juniper Firewalls) and of TCP/IP, Routing and switching Protocols
- Good knowledge of telecommunications network systems and their services
- Good knowledge of cloud and NFV technologies (ACI, OpenStack, NSX, …)
Required technical/professional knowledge:
- Education level equivalent to a bachelor degree
- Desired Vendor Certifications
o Cisco (CCNA, CCNP or CCIE)
o VMWare (certificates for vSphere, NSX, vRealize )
o HPE (certificates for data centre, SDN and cloud solutions)
o VCE (VCE-CIA, VCE-CIAE or VCE-CIMAE)
o F5 ( BIG-IP Administrator, LTM Specialist)
- Desired: minimum 6 years’ experience in data centre environment
- Desired: knowledge of scripting, network automation (Ansible) and programing (Python)
- Provides expert knowledge to monitor, operate and manage efficient and effective networks fulfilling the company strategy.
- Focusses on monitoring network nodes, executing event/incident management, configuration, escalation, release and deployment and 3rd party management activities, ensuring a high quality, reliable network service is available to our customers.
- Typically reports to Senior Network Operations Manager.
- Assists, advises and executes network operations (project initiations, system requirements, incident management and cost base management, operational excellence), solves problems through development of methods and approaches within defined policies;
- Drives the delivery of the roadmap to ensure the availability, performance and scalability of the network systems and to support the achievement of the Network Operations strategy;
- Works effectively with colleagues across the delivery of preventive maintenance and acceptance tests;
- Ensures other activities are conducted according to the highest level of operations standards in line with KPIs, (e.g. making sure planned outages don't exceed the given time limit);
- Contributes to ensuring end to end Customer Service assurance with focus on high availability, minimum restoration times and customer management;
- Supports the process of ensuring customer SLA delivery, service availability, quality and continuity assurance;
- Assists with consolidation of Service Assurance function for IT and Networks, (incidents, problem and change management) for both fixed and mobile;
- Supports senior leaders resolve complex or novel network challenges and ensures the team update Customer Care / Account / Service Managers in line with processes;
- Maintains solid relations and provides clear vendor and partner management, controls the scope of maintenance contracts and any kind of managed service contracts related to network and operations as well as the associated budget;
- Uses best practice knowledge to plan, schedule, implement and test new services, new features and network expansions;
- Understands the needs and ensures actions and escalations are routed/highlighted as necessary, (both internally and/or externally), to achieve service restoration in case of faults;
- May provide informal guidance to junior staff.
- Good job perspective for the future;
- Professional and friendly working environment;
- Good compensation package.