Software Developer for Cloud Applications team in Hosting
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel, and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
The use of cloud-native technologies shapes our engineering culture, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer-centric culture where every colleague contributes to our products’ design and success, working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media, and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the services:
The goal is to build and maintain an open-source portfolio of SDKs in different programming languages and tools for our Cloud API.
- Implement features and support automated testing activities (integration and unit test)
- Resolve defects found by customers in the live environment
- Be involved in solution design activities.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Setup and maintain CI/CD pipelines with GitHub actions.
- Explore, analyze and understand API specifications and flows
- Represent the APIs customer's best interests - advocate best practices and usability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Cloud technologies and tooling (ex. Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible)
- Act in a DevOps manner and take responsibility for the run process as well
- Latest technologies, tools and methods: Docker, Kubernetes and cloud-native
- Wide variety of programming languages (Java, Python, Go, Ruby, Node, .NET) and tools (Ansible, Terraform, CLI, Powershell)
- Agile development processes
- Friendly and open environment
- Open Source environment and involvement
- Part of the whole lifecycle and propose technical solutions, frameworks and technologies to use - you can shape the product
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Cloud technologies experience is highly appreciated
- Open to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience with automated testing
- Advanced operation of version control/git
- Basics of Linux