bitExpert - Our pulse is cross-technology software development that beats with every line of code.
Join our international team of more than 80 colleagues. As different as we are, we all have one thing in common – the curiosity about technology and knowledge. We are an experienced, motivated, purposeful and cheerful team that is always looking forward to new challenges.
• are a growing company focusing on web-development
• provide future-oriented software-development with modern methods and tools
• work together with international enterprises, owner-operated companies and digital and com-munication-agencies
• believe in maximum flexibility (work-location, work-hours, topics, methods)
• have high quality standards
• support your personal and professional growth
• welcome your input
• collaborate in small teams with shallow hierarchies
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
The client is looking for a Test Leader excited to be part in a Core Banking transformation project that aims to evolve Cobol applications with modern J2EE technologies, with cloud readiness, modularity, high scalability / performance / automation goals.
The source code was automatically converted to Java and, as a test lead, your main responsibility is to develop and implement a relevant Test Strategy that will certify the completion of the migration and the readiness for launching in Production a viable product, critical to the client’s core business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another field relevant to programming.
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Extensive experience in testing back-end applications/transactions, automation testing, quality assurance
• Experience with scripting languages, SQL, stored procedures, DB2
• Familiar with coding languages, such as Java, Cobol
• Experience in performance testing
• Well versed in the English language
• Good interpersonal skills, verbal, oral, and written communication
• Italian language is a plus
• Banking industry knowledge is a plus
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
• Familiar with mainframe technologies, such as COBOL, CICS TS, IMS
• Tools: ElasticSearch, Kibana
Your Role and responsibilities:
• Define and implement the Detail Test Strategy, by assuming that ISO-functional and comparative testing (measuring response times in a comparative way) will be performed, using COBOL programs/routines against JAVA routines;
• Create the Test Plans;
• Oversee the entire testing and deliverable validation process, by ensuring the plans are executed and implemented;
• Run exhaustive tests on programs;
• Generate Test Execution Reports;
• Perform error analysis and report the errors to the development teams;
• Coordinate bug fixes and software adjustments with development and engineering teams;
• Re-test to ensure stability and usability;
• Assist with the Production deployment process;
• Provide assistance during the hyper-care period (after Production);
• Define and implement Automation Tests wherever possible;
• Performance testing;
• Need to thoroughly understand the client processes in order to develop improved and effective procedures;
• Provide evidence that certify the deliverable provided under the transformation meets the completion criteria set in the Transformation Plan;
• Report progress, plans, and problems to the project manager and other involved parties;
• Need to monitor team activities to ensure they meet schedules;
• Identify risks and work closely with the PM to develop plans to avoid/mitigate them (taking into consideration the risks involved in releasing a Core Banking program or service in Production).
• Provide mentoring and coaching to the rest of the team
• Interface with other teams such as Mainframe Specialists, Analysts, client team, Infrastructure/Security.
Used tools and technologies:
• Technologies: Java EE 8, JAX-RS, DB2, SQLJ, SQL
• Tools: Apache Maven, SVN, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, ElasticSearch, Kibana
• Environment/Servers: Mainframe, CIC TS, IMS, WAS