Project Engineer for Variable Speed Drives
The Project Engineer will work in an international development team located in Cluj, Romania. The candidate will be a part of the European OEM solutions team based in Aachen. Our activity is the development of variable speed drives as part of our compression technology for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry. The assignment involves engineering topics in design projects as well sustaining projects as part of our power electronics team.
- Perform project and test engineering functions for our variable speed compression technology
- Variable speed drive testing’s in terms of functionality, quality, reliability, efficiency and standard conformity
- Work with manufacturing and sourcing to test and qualify components and product assemblies
- Managing End of Live topics of our existing drive platform together with our electronic supply chain team
- Performing dynamometer testing’s in our lab in Cluj and EMC tests in our lab in Aachen
- Collaborating with our global power electronic teams on a common platform strategy
- BSc/MSc degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering and 3 years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge in power electronics, especially in drives and inverters for motion control applications
- Familiar with motor technologies in general and especially with permanent magnet synchronous motors
- Demonstrate very good English language skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel to our global power electronic departments to work on the common platform strategy
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.