Technical Support Engineer
Looking for a new, exciting and fast-paced job in an expanding and competitive company? Then look no further! Apply today for your chance to work in a young and dynamic team in a truly multinational company.
Toluna is an Internet Market Research service provider with offices across the globe. We are a leading provider of online access panels and technology with a panel of +24 million members in 68 countries. Details on who we are here: www.toluna-group.com.
Your abilities need to be:
● 2+ years experience in technical support or software development role;
● Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
● Experience supporting/developing RESTful APIs
● Ability to understand and write complex SQL queries;
● Able to confidently read/follow/debug code to understand how an application works
● A Team-player who is able to understand, distill, and communicate technical issues questions to others and knows when to reach out for help.
Nice to have:
● Development experience in C# (or another language)
● Experience in client-facing support/development role
● Ability to teach/train others in an organized, professional manner.
What we offer:
Here at Toluna you will find amazing, forward thinking professionals who like to learn and grow. We pride ourselves on collaborating and sharing expertise, we know that strong teams bring out the best in our staff members. This is why we offer a broad range of benefits:
Training opportunities and career development plan;
Competitive financial package: salary, performance bonus, sport allowance, meal tickets and gift vouchers;
Private medical insurance;
Exceptional office comfort: top office facilities and equipment, gaming room, central building office;
Extra vacation days;
Bookster - The first modern library for companies in Romania
To complete our RD team in Timisoara and support our growth globally, we are looking for an Technical Support Engineer.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide enterprise-level assistance to our Integrated Panel Partners both during the integration phase and once live. The candidate will field incoming questions from our Partners, respond, and take action accordingly. During the integration phase, which varies in duration, but typically lasts 1 to 4 weeks, the candidate will closely work with Partners and guide them through technical questions and setup. Once the integration is complete, they will perform the necessary technical investigations and tasks to support the Partners. They will act as an intermediary between the Partner and the Development team, while also being a valuable asset to the Integrated Panel Business team.
Your responsibilities will be:
● Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems and help our Partners integrate their platform with ours. This will include reading/following code, writing/running SQL queries, and interacting with various APIs;
● Perform Data Analysis on Platform metrics for Partners through writing simple and complex SQL queries;
● Manage technical support documentation recording workarounds/solutions, best practices, and integration guides for both use by Partners and internal teams;
● Use email, chat, and other communication tools to give Partners fast and professional answers to their questions. For more complex situations that require nuanced instruction, contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical documentation;
● Explain technical details and requirements to a non-technical audience and build trust with the Partners;
● Manage communications about escalated issues/situations with other teams across the organization;
● Partner with Product and Engineering to provide the voice of the customer, identify the types of issues/questions that generate the most volume.