IoT Senior Software Developer
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) has the most robust Internet of Things technology in the world. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design. Now our leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way companies create, operate, and service products. With PTC technology, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation. We are headquartered in Needham, MA.Requirements
o Fluent English is mandatory
o Ideal technical/experience skills:
o Experience with developing web applications
o Previous work with web servers (any of - Tomcat, GlassFish, WebSphere, JBoss, Node.js etc.)
o Previous work with relational databases: any of - Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL etc.
o Nice to have experience as a solution architect
o Communicative and collaborative attitude
The day-to-day activities are various and each day has unique challenges. Routine is not part of our work.
Daily activities include:
• Develop software applications for customer IOT use cases
• Architect IOT solutions for scalability and high availability
• Advise and guide partner companies to use our technology
• Build generic solutions for various industries
• Enhance our IOT platform by creating new backend and front-end software components
• Learn and practice cutting edge technologies every day
• Now the team is a Center of Excellence composed by software developers based in Bucharest that work on projects from all European countries (mainly from Germany, France, UK, Italy, Nordics, Middle East). They help and learn from each other to use to notch software technologies.
• The team is part of a larger division of European field engineers of approx. 150 software engineers spread all over Europe that work together, and team dynamically based on projects.
The position plays a key role in the sales process of IOT solutions by PTC or its partners. The engineer will engage to develop applications to prove the value of ThingWorx platform (the IOT platform of PTC) to the customers.
We are engaged to build software solutions to convince customers to buy our technology and each solution is a unique combination of – web applications, databases, machine learning, augmented reality, cloud connectivity (Azure, Amazon), industrial protocols, mobile apps (Android, iOS).
Our developers and architects are exposed to a wide range of software products and platforms and we encourage them the learn and grow.