Quality Automation Engineer
We are working on next generation platform on front end as well as backend. Developers will be working on cutting edge automation technologies and frameworks. This person will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of testing activities using automation frameworks and tools and contribute to the success of the product development and release.;
- Develops automated test scripts for a shippable product.
- Obtains and reviews requirements from Product Management indicating the business needs and functionalities of the proposed application and plan for test strategy.
- Writes detailed test plan documents describing the approach to be taken for automating the feature.
- Assume ownership of test modules and/or technology areas.
- Report defects and follow up with cross teams. Repeats the testing cycle until the new application works flawlessly.
- Prepares related test documentation.
- Responds to and engages with multiple teams for escalated production issues and help test in development and production environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 - 3 years of relevant experience
- Highly analytical, pro‐active and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multi‐site environment with on shore and offshore team
- Knowledge of Quality and Systems Development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with custom RESTful API Infrastructure automation frameworks such as SoapUI, HP QTP, HttpMaster, Parasoft, vREST
- Knowledge and experience with:
- General test frameworks such as Mocha, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber…
- UI test tools such as Selenium, Appium, Calabash, Sikulix, Rational Functional Test, QTP
- Containers and virtualization such as Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, AWS, OpenStack…
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt…
- Build tools such as gradle, maven, ant, make,…
- CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo…
- Packaging tools including npm, rpm, chocolatey
- RESTful APIs
- Basic system administration for Linux & Windows
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Bash scripting Hadoop/Pentaho/Vertica/AWS
- Database experience with SQL query
- Object-Oriented Programming
- JIRA, Subversion, GIT
- Experience in designing Automation and implementation for Big data applications
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology a strong plus
- Experience with 4 (required) or 4+ (desired) of the above list of Knowledge and Experience Qualifications (see previous section).