Manager Asset Protection & Productivity CE
CHEP is the global leader in managed, returnable and reusable packaging solutions, serving many of the world's largest companies in sectors such as consumer goods, fresh produce, beverage and automotive. CHEP’s service is environmentally sustainable and increases efficiency for customers while reducing operating risk and product damage.
We are hiring more than 11 000 fantastic and passionate people across the World ready for international development in fast-growing and diverse environment. In CHEP you can make a real impact on business, sharing your passion and being a part of a successful team.
Ideal candidate will have:
At least first degree or equivalent in a legal or law enforcement discipline
At least 5 years of experience in senior management area with relevant experience and/or security/shrinkage management in the service sector and/or service in an investigative branch of a national police authority
Knowledge of Logistics procedures, Industrial security, occupational safety & health and environmental procedures.
Knowledge of law & the legal process (criminal & civil)
Managing cross functional & geographically diverse team.
Experience in Process Management and KPIs monitoring and identification
Multi Lingual preferred with English at Business level.
Excellent inductive, verbal and numerical reasoning skills
Clean Drivers Licence and willingness to travel within EU countries.
• Develop external & Internal relationships with appropriate outside bodies to support CHEP legal title and the ability to recover equipment.
• Define the tactics to ensure the appropriate asset focused culture is developed & imbedded across all Teams in CHEP.
• Set the framework to ensure priorities from Legal Counsel advice on ensuring legal title in is practically enforceable for the future & support high profile local cases where needed.
• Develop & execute a standard plan of where to focus for maximum effect our contact methods & frequencies across region that can be enacted locally.
• Ensure Asset Productivity strategy is developed on & communicated effectively & reinforced and is complementary to commercial strategy and communications across region.
Engagement and Training
• Ensure availability of training and briefing information for regional teams, with specific guidance for customer facing teams that form part of the Asset Protection Strategy
• Develop a strategy to ensure that Zero Harm the first consideration for any Asset Protection engagement and ensure this is reflected in training.
• Participate in the EU Asset Protection Council.
• Develop & maintain key regional indicators for Asset Protection and productivity across region.
• Use data to work with local teams to strengthen Asset Protection & Productivity through Best in Class processes.
• Implement the standard intelligence gathering and investigatory process to feed an opportunity funnel with identified pallet dealers and asset misusers locally.
• Manage all local legal actions and ensure visibility of cases to central legal and Asset Protection teams.
• Use appropriate prioritisation to identify when and where to support high profile cases.
• Implement standard EU Misuser process & escalation policy & implement via local teams.
Asset Recovery Agreements
• Measure & manage regional performance of Asset Recovery Agreements.
• Support Strategy for developing alternative usage of ARA for recoveries.
• Manage Regional performance of BlueCode to include, strategy for future development, processes, tools, participation, communication & internal marketing, recovery success. Create plan for scope of usage outside of CHEP (ex- employees) etc.
Asset Recovery Resources (e.g. AROs):
• In partnership with Central Asset, Small Retail Location (SRL) team & local teams establish a clear focus and strategy for Asset Recovery Operative fleet (CHEP owned and 3rd party) across region giving the right focus on high-risk collections, stray recovery and blue-codes (Employee spotted stray pallets)
• Ensure training, tool kit and management is in place to allow ARO to achieve strategy and activity is tracked to avoid overlap and optimise impact.
• Use metrics and performance to build business cases to right size the ARO resources considering geographic constraints and part-time ARO activity.
• Develop & keep EU ARO KPI reporting & use to optimise the fleet.
European Best Practice and Risk
• Maintain best practice sharing relationships across region and with central teams
• Be responsible for escalating and proposing mitigation options on emerging businesses by market or country.