Technical Engineer (Cloud Transformation Services )
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs THE ACCESS GROUP active
View all jobs Technical Engineer (Cloud Transformation Services ) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
The Access Group is a leading provider of business software to mid-sized UK organisations. It helps more than 14,000 customers across commercial and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient.Requirements
• A passion for delivering high quality technical services
• Demonstrate an aptitude for technical work (SQL, databases, programming)
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• A drive to continually improve processes and systems
• The ability to plan, prioritise and work on several projects at once
• Be proactive and foresighted.
• The ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
• The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with effective communication skills, actual and virtual
• Some programming experience
• An understanding of relational databases
• System configuration experience
• Data manipulation and importing
• An understanding of SQL and able to write simple queries
• Software Testing or QA work
• Experience of working with or exposure to web technologies
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Math or Sciences
• Transition existing customer’s data and systems
• Converting, upgrading and migrating databases and systems
• Working closely with the Onboarding Team and Product
• Being agile and responsive during the conversion process and reacting and eliminating issues as they arise
• Production of high quality scripts, routines and procedures and training documentation
• Continual improvement of processes to ensure our service develops on an ongoing basis
• Build effective working relationships with our internal teams involved in the migration process
The Access Cloud Transformation Team is an exciting new initiative by the Access Group. The CTS team is responsible for helping our customers realise the potential of their partnership with Access by migrating their current Access Solution from on premise to the cloud. We will do this by providing an excellent service and provision of great, user friendly software applications that remove the complexity from business processes and allow companies to grow their business with ease and speed.
The focus of the role is to provide technical transformation services as we embark on a new Access initiative and drive our existing base towards the cloud. The role, supporting the Transformation Onboarding Team who will fulfil the customer experience services, is aimed to deliver all required technical services needed to ensure our customer’s systems and data are moved to the cloud. e.g. Dimensions, SelectHR to their Cloud based equivalent, e.g. Access Financials, Access People
This is an exciting new role, which is central to the success of Access’ new Cloud Transformation initiative. You will be converting, migrating and deploying data and systems for our customers as they migrate from their existing solution to the cloud based equivalent. This is likely to incorporate a wide variety of tasks from running scripts, correcting data and troubleshooting solutions.
The size of projects vary substantially but the requirement to deliver an excellent customer experience underpins everything we do. You will work with the team to ensure a successful delivery through the lifetime of the project.
Performance will be measured on project delivery, customer satisfaction and utilisation of your time. You will be dealing with various products, projects and customers at any one time so you will need to be able to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
A logical, technical mindset, tenacious attitude, and good problem solving skills are required to ensure that we are always delivering the best customer experience. You will need to be resourceful, pay great attention to detail, work accurately and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Members of this team are able to take initiative, be proactive and own and manage tasks through to completion. We have strong relationships with the product, accounting, support, marketing, sales and development teams who we work with on a daily basis so this is a great place to deepen your understanding of a fast growing SaaS business. The ability to communicate well, build relationships and work as part of a broader, very busy team is required. A drive to ensure each customer receives an excellent service and the ability to deliver intuitive and engaging training sessions over the web are essential.
This is an evolving role. There will be a focus on continuous improvement of the process. We will constantly strive to empower our customers to self-serve through the use of user-friendly, structured documentation and videos, without compromising the customer journey. A dynamic approach will be required to question where these efficiencies can be found and then implement changes to the set up process where applicable.
As part of your development, you will spend a number of months located in the UK where you will receive comprehensive training and experience.