Java Parameter Specialist-ADP Link
Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity’, ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent.Cerinte
• The minimum requirements for technical skills are as follows:
Languages: JAVA minimum 1 year experience; SQL dev
Environment: ECLIPSE (SWT, PLUGIN) – CVS – ANT
• Minimum experience of 2 years in the post or equivalent required
• Languages: English mandatory; French oral and written – B1 level – will be a plus
• Autonomy and proactive: Works are undertaken remotely under ad hoc inspections. It is not necessary to stop development if an incident occurs whilst awaiting the next ad hoc inspection. In the event of any suspension, there should be a diagnosis, call, and proposal.
• Adaptability: Projects and priorities constantly change.
• Involvement and sense of commitment: Principals are clients of major ADP companies and cannot accept any change to deadlines, nor to quality standards.
• Willing to learn French at medium or advanced level
• Personal effectiveness: analytical spirit and ability to summarise, organised, rigorous, good time management
• Good interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of functional payroll considerations would be a plus;
• Excel advanced
• Higher education
As a member of ADP’s France NAS Implementation team, The Java Parameter Specialist’s objective is the accurate and efficient implementation of the solution for the work streams he/she is responsible while understanding the upstream and downstream impacts to the Client's overall human capital management solution.
In collaboration with Administrative Payroll Management project leader in France, the responsibilities consist of drafting detailed specifications and programming in the expected language of application, whilst respecting programming standards, deadlines and quality levels set forth.
• Reading and understanding operational and technical specifications for development
• Estimating development workload
• In-app development (enhancements) and customization using Java and internal tools and a custom-built framework
• Responsible for delivery of new app versions
• Management of data persistence
• Collaborating with the R&D department for developing, enhancing and updating the product
• Programme testing and validation of deliverables as per the functional testing guidelines
• Performing incident correction following internal or client handover
• Drafting reports on activities to be issued to management and indicating difficulties (time allocated for each task, technical issues encountered, etc.).
The application domain primarily concerned will be that of administrative payroll management (GAP) in the ADP Link Premium Offer.