Junior Financial Controller
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Deloitte Romania active
View all jobs Junior Financial Controller active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Acquisitions - Logistics - Supplies active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
This role provides a great opportunity for a junior professional, supporting the maintenance of order and transparency for company’s finances.
The role will include accurate and timely financial management, maintaining a set of controls, supporting budgeting process, designed to mitigate risk and enhance management information support. The key component of this role is to ensure the successful financial performance monitoring as for site management decision support.
You will develop strong, adaptable, financial skills in an international setting enabling you to enhance highly desirable skills required in the global employment market. We will rely on you to show initiative, be proactive and work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems.
The primary responsibilities of the Junior Financial Controller are detailed below, although this is not an exhaustive list and we expect some evolution of responsibilities as the RADCs become fully embedded within the Audit service line. Responsibilities include:
- Stakeholder management (leadership) – build and maintain relationships with senior leadership teams accross multiple locations (RADC, CE Finance and Global).
- Stakeholder management (clients) – build and maintain relationships with country leads, assisting with queries and providing support in a timely manner.
- Provide senior leadership with accurate, tailored and insightful financial information to help inform business decisions.
- Taking ownership of and ensuring the accuracy of billing process;
- Preparing monthly financial reports and presentations to various stakeholders;
- Prepare analysis of actual vs. budget variances inputs, indicate corrective actions for and provide support to management (investigates the reasons for variances, actual vs planned or vs previous year results);
- Prepare when required a quarterly budget true-up to actuals. Notify senior leadership of the need to and prepare a budget reforecast where necessary
- Prepare budgeting and forecast and oversee and coordinate the general planning process as per the CE Finance team processes and procedures (gather data, investigate, analyse, ensure accurate cost allocation); prepare rate card for the RADC;
- Adhere to the finance processes, controls and timelines outlined in the SQC matrix and Master Services Agreement (MSA);
- Review contracts to ensure they are in line with plan/budget.
- Model the financial impact of business decision, for example: analysis of existing and proposed lease commitments.
- Act as liaison between ADC and related Finance Enabling Functions on local and CE bases;
- Participate as team member in different projects that imply reporting tools, internal control implementation or business processes improvements;
- Perform additional analysis of data, presentations, as required by Head of Center;
- Actively seeking for continuous improvement, improving efficiency and implementing best practices and procedures.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant university degree (economics, accounting);
- Previous controlling experience +1 year;
- Previous experience with reporting/BI tools as Cognos or other equivalent is considered a plus Strong experience in working with Excel and large databases;
- International business exposure, working in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Advanced English (both written and spoken)
- Solid controls consciousness and analytical skills;
- Good planning project management skills;
- Team player, with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Modern offices with excellent facilities
- Good work-life balance – predictable working hours
- Office-based job with limited/no travel
- Working in a multi-national environment with Deloitte professionals from across Europe
- Extensive training and the possibility of acquiring external qualifications
- Opportunity for a career in Finance for a non-Finance & Accounting graduate