SWITCHING L1/L2 TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Luxoft is a global IT service provider with more than 12800 expert skilled software engineers onboard that create high-end business solutions for the world’s largest brands. Luxoft’s global client base consists primarily of large multinational corporations.
We serve over 150 clients from our delivery centers in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:LXFT). With deep domain expertise in the finance, technology, automotive, telecom, travel & aviation and energy, the company consistently goes beyond its clients’ expectations by bringing together technology, talent, innovation, and the highest quality standards.
Reasons to join us
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitions ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
• If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.
• English fluency both written and spoken
• From a technical college or university with networking, security, programming and NFV experience, like Engineering or Computer Science Degree preferred.
• Associate network knowledge (or higher) preferred - JNCIA (CCNA) or ability to achieve this within 6 months.
• Eager to learn technology, interest in programming and scripting
• Network fundamentals including routing, switching and security technologies
• Excellent team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4(TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP, RSTP, OSPF, RIP, VRRP, IGMP, MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
• L1 requirement
• 2-3+ years of experience in a support role (field engineers or as technical support engineer)
• Experience mentoring junior team members
• Achieved a minimum of JNCIS certification and preferably JNCIP (CCNP or eq.) level certification
• Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
• Presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
• Proven escalation management and leadership skills
• Able to multitask when several critical issues happen simultaneously
Nice to Have Skills:
Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
Good understanding of TCP/IP
Ability to analyze packet captures
Excellent client-facing skills
• Provide L1 and L2 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
• Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering.
• Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation activities.
• Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
The Technical Support Engineer will support client products from a major network infrastructure manufacturer, working directly with the partners and customers.
The Engineer will work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and act as an escalation point for other groups within the organization.
WORKING ON SHIFTS to cover 8 am - 21 pm