Experienced Software Development Manager for Defence Products
Since we wrote our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown to an international software house with more than 900 colleagues with 27 different nationalities, spread across offices in 12 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: to improve the world with exceptional software.
We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the defence, the police, the financial sector and the service sector and there are more thanusers’ worldwide. We work on a fundament of trust, where we have freedom and responsibility for making decisions in our everyday lives.
We are dedicated to making a difference and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, helpful colleagues welcome you, and you can look forward to both a mentor arrangement and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.
Your skills and personality
It is important that you have management experience with developing software projects in a dynamic environment with fixed deadlines and you are able to keep your head calm during a busy day. You have strong leadership skills as well as experiences with coaching, development and motivation of employees. We expect you to have an IT-related Master's degree and skills that match PMI, Prince2 or IPMA Level B / C.
You should apply for this job if you:
- Have several years of experience as Project Manager with the management of complex software projects
- Are experienced with personnel management developing highly skilled technical colleagues to become high performers through a relation based leadership
- Can take part in our experienced and efficient product development organization, and elevate and improve the way we make products
- Are good at combining your business understanding with your technical insights and has been successful in major IT deliveries
- Have strong qualifications in project management through KPIs, management briefings, management of business committee meetings, etc.
- You are ambitious and you set the bar high. You are willing and able to constantly improve and develop yourself, your team and your surroundings.
- You are an independent team player with the skills to cooperate and build good relationships, and you are comfortable among others.
- High drive and a good mood characterizes you, and you have a high degree of flexibility.
- Finally, you speak fluent English.
Military and product development knowledge and/or experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
As our experienced Project Manager in Defence Products, you will have central management responsibility in our product development. You will work from our office in Bucharest and be part of a strong management team responsible for developing our Defence products.
Defence Products Development is centred around two product suites: IRIS and SitaWare. These products consist of several projects and the position is part of the Defence Products Development management team. All Project Managers on our projects lead product development, focusing on the highest quality and user-friendliness for our customers.
You will have responsibility for a part of our largest Defence product, SitaWare Frontline, where you will also help guide the product development and efficiency of it. Your area of responsibility will consist of one or more Scrum teams. You will be part of a management team of four Project Managers who are responsible for the entire product. You will need to carry out coordination tasks between these projects and you must help ensure collaboration with the other projects in our product suite. You will be responsible for the personnel management of employees and for delivering on budget, quality and time. In addition, you must work closely with, among others, our Product Management about the development of the future content of the products.
Our IT solutions make it simpler for the users to make critical decisions. In the defence and healthcare sectors, critical decisions often concern matters of life and death. In both the private and the public sector, our solutions must handle large amounts of data, e.g. in the library sector with more than 50 million yearly loans. To be able to continue the development of solutions that customers trust, we continuously challenge each other, our work processes and technologies. We have a highly pro-active education and training policy with defined career paths and internal pro-active Knowledge Networks.
We stay constantly focused on making everything better. Our unique combination of strong principles from CMMI and the best aspects of LEAN and Scrum enable us to develop reliable, high-quality solutions for our customers and to deliver them to the agreed price and deadline. We work in teams, and some of our teams include well-integrated insourced developers.
We prioritise a sensible balance between work and private life, and our agile approach provides you with an excellent opportunity of being able to plan your own tasks and working hours to a great extent. We value social cohesion at the workplace and have a very active staff association.
Because we also work with security-classified projects, all Systematic personnel must have security clearance.
Above that, we offer you:
- A challenging position, room for own initiative and personal growth
- Flexible benefit program (you can mix your benefits choosing from different kind of Services on a very dynamic platform) â€“ Benefit Online (www.benefitonline.ro)
- Private medical insurance
- Project specific training
- Flexible working-hours