Business Data Analyst
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€24.7bn in FY2016, our 144.000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Find out more about Schneider Electric at www.schneider-electric.com.
- Bachelor Degree in Business / Computing / Data Analytics / Business Analysis is preferred
- A minimum of one year’s proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, database management and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Insight, Tableau, Qlik, BIRST etc), databases (Access, SQL etc), ETL / data blending (Alteryx etc)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc) and SAP if possible
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate proven ability to understand and use business data to support better decision making and address business requirements
- Proven track record of solving business problems using accepted Business Analysis practices (BABOK)
- Ability to apply analytical
We are looking for a passionate qualified Business Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
The primary focus of this role is the preparation, analysis and interpretation of data to assess the performance of the SMB teams using measures including booked and invoiced revenue, performance to sales target, order volumes, order cycle time, process quality, customer complaints and case management. The role will support Europe and France Operations and IT International Division.
Reporting & Data Analysis
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using the appropriate data analysis tools and techniques and providing ongoing catalog of reports as assigned by the manager
- Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize reporting systems efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs. Including the development, modification and deployment of Balanced Scorecards and Individual Key Performance Indicators
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Assist management in gathering, documenting and analyzing project requirements in coordination with client, subject matter experts, IT Department and key stakeholders
- Handle a variety of project planning and coordination and information system analysis tasks
- Develop and participate in User Acceptance Testing including development of test scripts, acceptance criteria and provision of benchmark reporting data
- Write technical reports and manuals for the benefit of users
- Perform evaluation on newly set up systems
- Design workflow charts and write requirements for system changes
- Implement modifications to existing projects in a bid to improve systems
- Assist management in monitoring project processes and resolving issues along the way
- Write and publish progress reports, identify project milestones and recommend needed modifications and address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects to the management
- Manage introductions before new offer launching: analyse the introduction communication, identify all the relevant data to prepare the updating file of items, secure the SKU creation into local ERP
- Manage yearly updates of logistics data when relevant (customs code, dimensions, leadtime…), support the upload by the local contact.
- Inform countries about end-of-life items. Manage with them the item removal consistently with local stock level