Junior Buyer Service Procurement
A Snapshot of Your Day
As a Junior Buyer you will be responsible of the supply of materials based on customer requirements at the lowest price whilst ensuring quality & on-time delivery. You will support the handling, controlling, and monitoring of Procurement activities within your assigned desks/commodities.
You will be a member of the Services Procurement organization that is responsible for developing procurement strategies for direct materials that will ensure the optimization of Siemens Energy's competitive position. As you will be working and communicating with German-speaking colleagues and predominantly German-speaking suppliers in the future, the German language is a very important characteristic for us.
How you'll make an impact:
- Contribute to the implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems, etc.
- Generate, document, and implement savings, (e.g. CNI; plan, monitor, and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business) and make results transparent.
- Process and follow up on order requisitions from main interfaces, end to end process.
- Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, on-boarding, development, etc.).
- Sensitize cross-functional partners for Procurement related practices, processes, and metrics.
- Conduct e-Sourcing activities.
- Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure Customer care and early involvement.
What you bring:
- Capability to negotiate and to operate in different cultures preferred.
- Ability to facilitate and foster a cooperative approach beyond your own organizational unit & function.
- Knowledge of basic legal terms and ability to recognize risk and advantages from contracts.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards & norms that apply to our business & to his/her assigned desks/commodities.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Recognition of deficits and violations among Suppliers and is confident to escalate these to the cross-functional partners.
- Knowledge of the applicable internal processes, rules, guidelines with reference to supplier quality topics.
- Ability to qualify and evaluate suppliers, classifications, development measures, create contract entries, create RFX and e-Auctions.
- Experienced user in SAP systems with focus on all procurement relevant modules.
- Good English language skills, German language skills desirable
About the team:
At Services Procurement Services Operations Team 2 (SO2), our aim is to add value to Siemens Energy and its Customers. Our actions are consistently based on striving for productivity, quality, availability, and digitalization.
We are currently based at 3 different locations: Berlin, Mulheim, & Erlangen and manage an extensive global supply base. Our Team supports the Generation Services business by replenishing ELOC, supporting Germany and rest of Europe, Middle East, and Asia when Customer projects require our experience & expertise.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Siemens Energy's location in One Cotroceni Park is more than just an office space - it's a hub for a vibrant and thriving community. Nestled in the heart of Bucharest, this urban development is the perfect place to work, surrounded by green spaces, shopping destinations, and everything the city center has to offer. And with the Academia Militara subway station just a 3-minute walk away, getting around the city has never been easier.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character ??? no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Your lunch with SE meal tickets
- Keep your brain fit with our trainings
- Special for books lovers - Bookster
- Stay safe and healthy with our medical subscription
- Think about your future too with Privat Pension Pillar III
- Take care of yourself with our Wellbeing Initiatives
Jobs & Careers: