Project Manager Electrical Substations
A Snapshot of Your Day:
At Siemens Energy it is our people and their passion for innovation who make a difference by energizing society. A long heritage in engineering and innovation inspires us to focus on our top priorities: combating climate change and addressing increasing energy demands. Sounds like you? Then come join us!
Siemens Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to support our FACTs, GIS and AIS projects.
How you will make an Impact:
- Lead the delivery of turnkey HV substation projects for our key customers
- Work within one of the Systems delivery teams and lead a project team while working alongside the Technical Lead Engineers, Procurement teams, Installation & Commissioning teams on all aspects of project delivery.
- Deliver on all ensure technical, procurement and quality information while maintaining exceptional Health and Safety Standards throughout the project delivery
- Raise potential risks, variations and opportunities within the business and have full responsibly and accountability for program and costs on the project
- Prepare Monthly Progress Reports for internal and external reporting, along with being customer facing on discussions, technical queries, issues, design risk management and project reporting.
- Support the tendering department on future project opportunities with the Sales team.
What you Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical field
- +3 years' experience in electrical field
- Project Engineering/Contract Management experience gained within the Transmission & Distribution Industry
- Great understanding of Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies together with knowledge of Substation Primary & Secondary Systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of current Health and Safety and Environmental Regulations as well as Risk Management processes.
- Contractual management knowledge and experience is essential in the execution of this role.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required along with a strong work ethic, able to work of own initiative and ability to be proactive
About the Team:
The team you will be joining takes pride in designing and constructing projects that that stabilize the electric grid and improve the reliability to its customers. We act as a team and ensure everyone feels a part of that team.
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to find out more about our Grid Technologies business: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character ??? no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards and Benefits
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging project
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world
- Professional development opportunities within the company
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal, and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility
- Medical benefits
- Remote/ Flexible work
- Time off/Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Continual learning through the Learn@Siemens-Energy platform