Administrator Virtual Environment / Software Expert
A Snapshot of Your Day
We have an open position which is split in following responsibilities -Third Party SW Expert and Administration of a partly virtualized test environment to support your team and to making sustainable, reliable and affordable energy possible
How You'll Make an Impact
- Administration of a partly virtualized test environment as basis for critical infrastructure projects, including:
- Maintain and manage the environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Provide technical support and document processes
- Create disaster recovery plans and procedures for responding to major outages affecting the data center
- Fix security issues as they arise, identify and mitigate security threats
- Open Source code, patent and legal research, constant evaluation of commercial and open source components for ensuring recommendations are up-to-date and reduce potential risks to customers
- Analysis of source code and license texts using data analysis tools (BlackDuck, Fossology etc.), identifying the obligations for the usage of the components, creation of reports summarizing findings, obligations and recommendations and providing support to project teams for addressing software license conditions.
- Work closely with project managers, architects for open source scanning / license clearing requirements.
- Regular reporting both to line manager as well as to internal customer on status and escalation on risks, issues and important information
What You Bring
- Degree in computer science or electrical engineering, ideally with a focus on IT, security, automation, software development, or comparable education and professional training with additional qualifications
- Experience in hands-on, technical tasks performed in the IT- or system administrator landscape (e.g. Windows and Linux; MacOS is a plus)
- Optional Scripting experience with common languages like Shellscript (Bash), Python etc.
- Experience with Black Duck and Fossology (alternatively, other license clearing tools)
- Excellent skills on MS Office, PDF, report writing tools
- Licensed texts cognition and variants used in software documents
- Ability to work in a self-guided and result-oriented way, with a clear desire to become acknowledged technical expert in your own area of expertise
- Proficient in spoken and written English (German is a plus);
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills, and follow-up skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
About the Team
"Let's make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Siemens Energy's location in One Cotroceni Park is more than just an office space - it's a hub for a vibrant and thriving community. Nestled in the heart of Bucharest, this urban development is the perfect place to work, surrounded by green spaces, shopping destinations, and everything the city center has to offer. And with the Academia Militara subway station just a 3-minute walk away, getting around the city has never been easier.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character ??? no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Your lunch with SE meal tickets
- Keep your brain fit with our trainings
- Special for books lovers - Bookster
- Stay safe and healthy with our medical subscription
- Think about your future too with Privat Pension Pilon III
- Take care of yourself with our Wellbeing Initiatives