Virtualization Backup Engineer
Veeam(R), the #1 global market leader in data protection and ransomware recovery, is on a mission to empower every organization to achieve radical resilience through data security, data recovery, and data freedom for their hybrid cloud.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with offices in more than 30 countries, Veeam protects over 450,000 customers worldwide, who trust Veeam to keep their businesses running.
Technical Customer Support is our customers' "hotline." This is a department that has revolutionized the way we think about technical support. They face the challenging reality of one-on-one support and leave our customers with a positive impression, providing invaluable feedback to developers and testers.
We are now looking for Virtualization Backup Engineer.
The Veeam Backup and Replication (VBR) is a reliable solution that lets us verify the recoverability of backups, recover instantly, and test upgrades in an isolated environment before putting them in production. The VBR technical support engineer is a trusted role providing technical assistance to fellow IT Professionals, using broad and in-depth troubleshooting skills and product knowledge to solve challenging technical issues.Your tasks will include:
- Performing troubleshooting and analysis, including log file investigation
- Acting as a technical focal point in relationships to fellow IT Professionals
- Taking ownership of the customer problem or issue from the beginning of a support case through resolution, troubleshooting on our end (in Veeam) as well as in 3rd party components from Microsoft and Vmware, checking if the issue is known or unknown if it's a defect if it's caused by misconfiguration, correcting it as break/fix scenario and educating the customer by explaining for the process and interaction works
- Documenting of all customer interactions accurately and within SLA in our CRM tool
- Fluent English (reading/writing/speaking)
- Advanced user or administrative level with the following areas: Windows OS 2008(r2)/2012(r2)/2016
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP (OS, firewalls configuration) and networking configuration/troubleshooting (NAT, ports, DHCP, DNS)
- As a plus, UNIX and/or Linux knowledge, VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange server administration, DataBase engines (SQL/Oracle)
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and explain technical information
- Ability and desire to take ownership of client issues through resolution
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Private medical insurance for you, one adult dependent, and your children
- Meal tickets
- Private pension plan
- Life insurance
- Vision reimbursement
- Annual leave and additional vacation days based on tenure
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan where you will be able to flexibly customize your benefits package based on your budget and personal needs
- Veeam Care Days - additional 24 hours for your volunteering activities
- Professional training and education, including courses and workshops, internal meetups, and unlimited access to our online learning platforms (Percipio, Athena, O'Reilly) and mentoring through our MentorLab program
Please note: If the applicant is permanently present outside of Romania, Veeam reserves the right to refuse to consider the application for a job.
#LI-DR1Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential.
Please note that any personal data collected from you during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Notice.
The Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes.
By applying for this position, you consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Notice.