Financial Analyst (Hybrid)
We are SLB
Our story begins with what it truly means to be a technology innovator. It stems from a common sense of purpose that unites the people of SLB who, representing more than 160 nationalities, provide leading digital solutions and deploy ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry.
With expertise in more than 120 countries, we partner with customers in close collaboration to create industry-changing technologies that unlock cleaner, safer access to energy for every community—including those we live and work in. We are SLB, and we are leading the energy industry forward—together.
We are industry leaders because of our exceptional and talented people. They are the core that drives our purpose and integrity, which fuel our belief that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their greatest potential. Ever-evolving and constantly innovating, we transcend every cultural and technological boundary set before us. Indeed, it is our diversity that makes us stronger. Together, we achieve more.
- Analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results in comparison with the budget/ forecast/ historical trends and associated Key Performance Indicators (financial & non-financial).
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of monthly results, forecasts and budgets via working with Division & Group finance teams and the BPC submissions and consolidations.
- Tracking orders, backlogs, sales & margins and providing analysis from different angles to serve as financial partner in meeting continuous improvement and business targets.
- Monitoring working capital ratio and advising the stakeholders the necessary measures to achieve the targeted financial and cash flow performance.
- Preparing variance analysis on balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to help predict future revenues and expenses.
- Coordinating and preparing the Division's annual budget process, quarterly forecasts and monthly updates with plant operations.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data to help produce accurate reporting. Performing detail analysis to identify errors and root causes of errors, and helping develop workable solutions or alternatives.
- Advising management and stakeholders on the necessary measures to achieve the strategic and financial objectives of the organization.
- Identifying and working with the relevant stakeholders to investigate into irregular financial results/trends.
- Providing accounting and analytical support to Management and Plant Operations.
- Continuously improving the planning and analysis process in line with business requirement and Group policies.
- Ensuring across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices.
- Identifying weaknesses in internal control and suggesting improvements.
- Assessing and highlighting opportunities for increased cost efficiencies.
- Developing and evaluating business or project financial metrics and drivers.
- Providing SAP/BPC research and support to accounting and Operations.
- Work closely with the plants in preparations of monthly plant packages.
- Liaising with Divisional personnel around the world on financial analysis.
- Preparing ad hoc reports for management and division as necessary.
- Projects assigned as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A background in accounting, strong understanding of IFRS and proven analytical skills (data interpretation and review).
- You should possess excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and the ability to communicate ideas and influence change across the finance organization.
- Experience on SAP (or another ERP system) would be beneficial.
- Professional finance qualification (ACCA / CPA etc) would be desirable.
- You must also be able to communicate to an advanced level in English.
What we can offer:
- Work from home allowance;
- Bookster - for book lovers;
- We work hybrid, 2 days at the office and 3 days at home;
- Meal tickets;
- Private medical subscription - GOLD package;
- Life insurance;
- Company events, great office location
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation;
- Market-specific training and ongoing personal development;
- Career growth opportunities both national and international;
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development;
- International work environment;
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.