Senior Automation Quality Engineering
The SwapClear service is the largest Interest Rate Swap clearing house in the world, playing a crucial role in global financial infrastructure by clearing $3 trillion notional per day across hundreds of products. We are looking for talented QA Engineers for QA engineering stream in SwapClear Development. This team is expected to perform automation of test function across different disciplines within SwapClear and bring testing to the forefront of the development lifecycle.
The Senior QA Engineer will be a key contributor in evolving the existing test automation frameworks within SwapClear, to enhance the CI Automation framework, which is first pass of integration testing today.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Represent and champion QA function within an agile team.
- Implementing test plans to deliver test phases on time.
- Design efficient functional and non-functional test scenarios and cases ensuring there is traceability back to all business requirements.
- Understand and organise the testing data.
- Enhancement of the test automation packs.
- Maintenance and execution of tests, recording of results and undertaking defect retesting.
- Reporting progress and issues clearly and concisely.
- Running test environments.
- Work with the team to resolve issues.
- Work to agreed timescales and ensure CI execution runs can operate within agreed time periods.
- Identify risks and escalate to the project stakeholders.
- Providing feedback where process improvements are suitable.
- Support external testing phases as the need arises.
Essential experience and skills required:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- SDLC methodologies; FpML or XML; Agile testing delivery
- Test design techniques; Test execution using GUIs and APIs; Test automation on Java; SQL; Git; ControlM
- Able to anticipate and solve problems; Able to balance long-term corporate objectives with short-term project needs
- Excellent formal written and verbal skills: ability to communicate technical or complex subject matter to non-subject matter experts; ability to communicate with peers; Excellent formal presentation skills: ability to communicate technical or complex subject matter to non-subject matter experts; ability to communicate with peers
- Demonstrate an ability to learn new business and technical concepts quickly
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios! If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career!
We improve each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.