Booking Holdings Romania - Senior Database Engineer
Booking Holdings Romania is a Center of Excellence based in Bucharest, Romania and was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry best practices, and collaboration opportunities across all of our Brands. As part of our Booking Holdings Romania team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the world's leading provider of online travel, with a mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world through six-primary consumer facing brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, KAYAK, OpenTable and Rentalcars.com.
The Senior Database Engineer's primary role is be the custodian of the Booking Data Sharing Platform who's responsible for maintaining the operations of the Snowflake-based environment, as well as assisting users with technical issues. In addition, the Senior Data Engineer will partner with business owners and relevant implementation teams to fulfill the requested data sharing solutions by utilizing best practices.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing the DSP Snowflake integration with existing infrastructure, including AWS S3 or Okta.
- Validating data integration and access policies.
- Provisioning data integration task in Snowflake.
- Assisting users with access or debugging data issues.
- Utilize technical expertise to drive risk mitigation efforts to ensure platform compliance
- Ensure solutions/tasks align to established governance, privacy & risk guidelines.
- Identify, design and implement process, system and structural improvements.
Role Qualifications and Requirements
- Master's degree preferably in data engineering, data analyst or other engineering areas
- 5-8 Years of relevant Job Knowledge
- Advanced experience with database systems, distributed computing, and big data technologies
- Advanced data modeling skills to design, develop and maintain a scalable and efficient platform
- Practical experience with managing Snowflake deployments.
- Knowledge of Snowflake Data Sharing is a plus.
- Experience with Snowflake access control.
- Knowledge of Okta SSO is a plus.
- Experience with AWS S3 and Parquet file management.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, preferably Terraform.
Benefits & Perks
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users
Booking Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.