Software Engineering Team Lead, Market Operations Technology
The Software Engineering Team Lead is a member of the Agile Team responsible for leading a team of skilled, cross-functional software engineers. As a software engineering team lead you will be expected to manage and supervise day to day activities whilst ultimately supporting the team to make sure all targets are met.
- Coordinate and contribute hands-on to the technical work assigned to the team.
- Collaborate with the scrum master, the architects and all the other stakeholders to provide robust planning and execution against the assigned deliverables.
- Contribute to cross-team activities, such as the development of standards and processes, as well as ensuring compliance with these.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for the team
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. These include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and other resources required to perform their jobs to the highest degree possible.
- Provide frequent feedback and coaching to the staff in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvement through innovation.
- Build and promote a positive culture and working environment within the team and the organisation.
- Issuing escalation and validation of plans and progress management
- Contributing to cost and effort estimation as well as support data discovery and analysis
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- Be accountable for front2back development including DevOps, LSEG PDLC, Security, Stability, Capacity, Resiliency, and Maintainability
- Oversee development and unit testing of the application.
- Sprint planning and attending retrospective call , daily stand-up call for the agile scrum process.
- Review user stories and acceptance criteria with the team
- Collaborate closely with QA team for any test/UAT releases and agree the test plans.
- Follow the release management process
- Providing support for critical production issue.
- Keeping the technical document and the project artefacts up to date.
- Review and optimize the performance of the application on java and database side.
- Provide application L3 support
- Be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment where needs evolve rapidly and priorities change
- A passion for learning and innovation is critical
- A strong lead from the front: wielding their development experience to help design and build industry-leading solutions
- Ability to apply analytical and creative thought and translate into technical solutions
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Required for Associate Manager and Manager Levels
- Experience shaping and delivering small to medium size pieces of work
- Experience mobilizing and shaping technical teams
- Interested in the evolution of the Equities, FX and Derivatives trading landscape.
- Experience with building APIs and microservices using Java
- Experience with building event-driven solutions
- Experience with building robust integrations
- Experience with building datastore solutions
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies on at least one of the major cloud services providers (AWS preferable, Google Cloud or Azure)
- Experience with building a complete full-stack solution
- Build automation tools to support CI/CD pipeline
- Scripting capability to support DevOps and Quality Engineering work
- Unit and functional testing
- Git source control
- Core Java experience
- Experience designing and developing microservices in Java
- JEE technologies (JSP, Servlets, JMS, Web Services including REST, SOAP, WSDL, XML and JSON etc).
- JEE Container knowledge
- Spring Framework and related modules such as Spring Batch, MVC, Data Access & Security.
- Databases & SQL skills using SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB or other relevant database technologies
- Web application frameworks and API technologies e.g. Swagger,
- Backend architectures understanding including integration patterns
- Knowledge of creative design teams and tools like InVision, Zepelin or Storybook
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.