Social Media Specialist
Welcome to Philip Morris International’s (PMI) affiliates in Romania, Philip Morris Romania SRL and Philip Morris Trading SRL.
Philip Morris Trading SRL, based in Bucharest, is responsible for the sale and merchandizing of PMI brands throughout the country. We have a dynamic brand portfolio that includes top international brands such as IQOS, Marlboro, Chesterfield, L&M and Virginia Slims. Philip Morris Trading SRL was established in 1997 and today employs more than 250 people in its head office and regional sales offices.
Philip Morris Romania SRL is our manufacturing factory based in Otopeni and employs more than 1000 people. The factory has recently received a 490 million euro investment in becoming a new tobacco products – HEETS for the IQOS tobacco heating system. The factory serves the international demand of countries as Japan, but also EU countries where IQOS is sold.
We are also strongly committed to making a difference in the communities where our employees live and work. We support non-profit organizations in the fields of education, culture, domestic violence prevention, and the fight against hunger and extreme poverty.
The ideal candidate has exceptional writing, creativity, and critical thinking skills. Must have a deep understanding of global social media platforms and how to work cross-functionally. In addition, an understanding of the marketing funnel and how social media can expand the reach of content, attract visitors to owned channels, and generate brand love is required
- Think outside the box.
- Integrity and trust.
- Strong copywriting, editing, and creative skills.
- A highly goal-oriented individual who develops insights from data to inform the creative vision and new ideas.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading social media campaigns and content development, ideally within the FMCG industry or advertising agency.
- A marketing degree is welcomed, but not required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
- Experience with using social media publishing and listening tools (Sprinklr is a plus).
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts (PPC, Social, Display) and digital channel analytics.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other colleagues when necessary, i.e., content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management.
- A problem solver with excellent communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, and presentation skills.
- Very good command of the English language (writing and speaking).
- Work seamlessly with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to define the social media strategy, and manage project timelines, approvals, and feedback.
- Lead and implement the most efficient social media strategy. You will be accountable for executing the market brand communication plan and editorial calendar in line with the global and local marketing calendar for social media channels.
- Partner with external agencies and the regional digital hub in crafting and executing the social media strategy, as well as making and implementing recommendations for new and existing campaigns.
- Work with the brand team, consumer experience stream leaders, other internal stakeholders, and teams to ensure social media initiatives are "on brand" with the products, campaigns, and overall business strategy.
- Deliver regular social listening reports. Execute measurement and listening strategy with a focus on using data to inform activities; analyze data and know how to use it to guide content strategy.
- Have a clear understanding of the overarching digital strategy and expectations on all pillars of the consumer journey to make an impact through social media campaigns.
- Track the achievement of the social media objectives and strategic KPIs regularly throughout the year. Present findings, analysis, and recommendations.
- Manage, track, and optimize the social media budget.
- Analyze competitive marketplace and follow social media and digital trends.
- Always be up to date on the latest developments in the social media field and actively suggest new and innovative ways to increase the efficiency and relevance of all activities, programs, and initiatives deployed.
2 years temporary contract with Randstad working for Philip Morris