It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more and apply.
Microsoft developed in Romania from a start-up with 4 employees in 1996 to a company with over 500 employees currently. Microsoft is the Best European Workplace for the 5th consecutive year, award conferred by Great Place to Work Institute, in an analysis that covers 1500 companies.
Part of Microsoft Romania, Customer Service Support was announced in May 2006 and has been officially launched on February 1st, 2007 by Microsoft’s Chairman Bill Gates. Today, the centre employs 500 IT professionals in Bucharest and Timisoara, delivers advanced technical services (levels 3 and 4), and serves Microsoft Corporate customers and developer communities from all over Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The services center is continuously expanding, building on top of its excellent reputation and the ability to attract the best specialists from Romania’.
Interesting facts about Microsoft Customer Service Support:
- Over 450 specialists employed in the Bucharest offices; the office from Timișoara employs 50 engineers and will add dozens every year in the next period;
- Average age of a Customer Service and Support employee: 31;
- Diverse and inclusive work environment: almost 5% of the CSS Romania employees have other nationalities than Romanian, such as French, German, Swedish, Dutch (foreign citizens re-located here as a result of the extended recruitment area for hard to fill roles, usually highly specialized niche roles);
- Gender diversity: 32% female, 68% male.
The Microsoft Academy for College Hires at Microsoft (MACH)
We believe that work is a place for exploration, creativity, innovation and professional and personal growth. It’s about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things which leave a lasting impact. At Microsoft, you learn from the finest in the business. As a full time graduate employee, you experience an inspiring world class program. MACH is as an accelerated career development program designed to recruit and hire top-performing graduates across a broad range of roles, and aims to cultivate your talent utilizing training, mentoring, and providing community support.
With over 2,500 MACH employees in over 60 countries worldwide, you'll gain a network to a global community of peers, leadership exposure, world class trainings and the opportunity to take on challenging work that contributes meaningfully to helping people and businesses realize their full potential.
What makes us different
You will be immediately placed in a challenging role with specific learning roadmaps. You will be provided with the infrastructure and resources to define and grow you career including access to world-class learning solutions both online and live in classrooms.
A new world of work
Our aim at Microsoft is to make people collaborate like never before. We believe that we are moving very quickly from flexible working to a New World of Work, in which redesigned offices and the latest technology facilitate even greater flexibility. At Microsoft we believe that adopting a flexible working policy and trusting our employees to do their best in the environment they choose, can be rewarded with more satisfied staff, better results and increased productivity across the business. Microsoft offers dynamic and international work environment with a wide array of career paths.
The MACH program
• The MACH Program continues for 12-24 months from the time of hire (depending on start date and region).
• The first year is focused on training, peer mentoring, and other on-boarding activities, while the second year is focused on career development and global networking.
• At the end of the program, MACH employees join the MACH Alumni community.
It’s your chance to:
• Become immersed in a global organization that offers plenty of opportunities to grow
• Have the entire Microsoft network at your fingertips
• Get out of the office and alongside your clients, whilst building strong connections with internal teams too
• Collaborate with colleagues & peers across a worldwide organization
• Benefit from the mobile technology you need to work flexibly
The application process consists of submitting your CV, and if you are selected, you will be invited to interviews and an assessment centre. To help you prepare read our tips.
• Make sure your resume and contact information is completely up-to-date.
• Summarize your relevant education, experience, and projects.
• Highlight your accomplishments in previous jobs or projects, not just your duties or responsibilities. Everyone has job duties; it’s how you approached them and what you accomplished in carrying them out that makes you stand out.
• Show progression. Whether it’s in school, university, leadership roles or your work, highlight how your experience has helped you develop.
• Talk about related extracurricular or volunteer work.
• Ensure your most important information appears on the first page.
• Proof read for typos and errors—more than once!
Preparing for your Interview
In order to perform well in the video interview you need to ‘be yourself’ and share honest and authentic responses. In advance of your interview you might benefit from thinking about:
• What motivates you to work for Microsoft
• What are you passionate about?
• What energises you?
• What are your proudest achievements?
• What projects/activities have you started from scratch?
• What would make a great work day for you?
Find out more about life of a graduate at Microsoft from those in the know – graduates (MACHs) themselves, true insight into the culture and community at Microsoft, direct from those living it every day. Every Microsoft graduate has an amazing story to tell, have a look at the video or read what some of our graduates have said below:
"My name is Raul Andrei Scortea and I am one of the exuberant, enthusiastic and proud members of the Microsoft Academy for College Hires program. My role within Microsoft is connected with the Unified Communication Support Team, as a Support Engineer, located in Romania. In other words I am the Lync guy.
I studied Telecommunications Systems and Technologies at the “Politehnica” University of Timisoara Romania. Short after my graduation, I had the opportunity to participate in Microsoft Internship program. During the Internship at Microsoft I met the environment where very diverse people collide together, having their passion for IT and Technology as common ground. It became very clear to me that this is the place where I would very much like to continue my self-becoming.
So, Why Microsoft? Because it is the place where Technology is at its peak and where innovation, teamwork and multicultural interactions are daily happenings. Here, everyone and everything will guide me to overcome my limits, with the freedom of being myself along this journey.” Raul, MACH Romania
"I really love that every new project I am involved in brings new challenges for me and new opportunities to learn business and technology. There is no new activity that resembles something I did before and no customer that has the same needs and requirements. That intrigues me and makes me even more motivated to exceed my customers’ expectations.
Every activity I am doing and every recommendation I suggest on Microsoft’s behalf has an impact on the way customers are using technology to grow their business. A Consultant is just there to facilitate the way business and technology are working together." - Elena, MACH Romania
“As a Support Engineer within the MACH Program, I developed in multiple ways. Ranging from technical knowledge, as I have access to edge technology for testing and debugging purposes, to customer management knowledge in complex scenarios. I developed myself mostly “on the job”, therefore I feel rewarded because I've built my confidence and I also met tens of talented and devoted people." - Georgiana, MACH Romania
Find out more on our Facebook Page!
Come as you are. Do what you love.
Enjoy the video made by our graduates to show you what is really like to work at Microsoft.
Locuri de munca Microsoft
Technical Engineer - internship
Customer Support Advisor with English
full-time 1 - 5 ani experienta
Are you motivated by helping customers and innovating the services provided? Do you enjoy creating teams and building a culture of excellence centered around customer service? We are looking for exceptional Customer Support Advisors to support our customers with key business issues.[..]