Audit Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Bucharest office
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 180,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 500 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website www.careers.deloitte.com to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
Time to explore your talent!
If you are still a student in your last year of study (either studying for bachelor or master degree), you can already apply and follow all selection steps, with the aim of joining us after graduation (estimated starting time September 2017).
Our approach is to understand a client's business, the risks it faces, and its internal controls. Based on our understanding we assess the risk of material misstatement of the financial statements so that we design effective audit procedures. Our professionals bring a comprehensive methodology that leverages the firm's extensive professional and technical resources to our clients' financial reporting process, helping them meet the growing demand for enhanced disclosure and accountability.
• Bachelor or master degree (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other economic major preferred, but not mandatory) obtained or to be obtained in 2017; Other non- economic degrees (e.g. Engineering) are eligible provided the candidates demonstrate active interest in finance and business matters;
• Previous exposure to business environment and/or involvement in extracurricular activities will be appreciated;
• Good academic credentials;
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills, initiative and business awareness;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (Romanian and English);
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
• Willingness to travel for out-of-town engagements
An Audit Assistant in our team:
• Develops an understanding of the Deloitte audit approach, methodology & tools;
• Establishes working relationships with client personnel;
• Performs analytical review of audit documents;
• Reviews client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal controls;
• Identifies accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise;
• Applies concepts of risk assessment;
• Provides recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency.
• Exhibits a professional, business-like demeanor;
• Pursues ACCA certification.