Junior Audit Consultant - Bucharest
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs EY Romania active
View all jobs Junior Audit Consultant - Bucharest active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Administration - Political Sciences active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Banks - Financial Institutions active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
Seeking the extra challenge – Join Assurance in Audit department!
The broad business perspective you develop in Audit serves as a foundation for any business career. You will develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your accounting knowledge to help solve complex challenges.
Audit department is the place to be:
- If you have a high level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services
- If you’re more than familiar with such concepts as: balance sheet, inventory, income statement, trial balance, accruals, IFRS, European Accounting Directives
- If you can go beyond copy & paste
- If you are so passionate about numbers that you will be willing to spend some extra time during the busy season - no worries, that extra time will be compensated with free days or extra coins in your pocket
- If you’re willing to live out of your suitcase and travel regularly on business trips
- If you could easily win anytime, anywhere “the person with the highest level of integrity” award
- If you have a detective mind and can’t wait to show it during selection
- If you love to pay close attention even to the smallest of the small details. We call that Auditor’s keen eye for detail
- If anything worth doing, is worth doing it right, every single time.
Of course, it’s great if you have managed to sit through extensive economics, accounting and finance lectures on your way to a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree. But no worries, we leave no good candidate behind, as long as your application shows tangencies with numbers in Excel sheets. J
We don’t need you to be William Shakespeare, but you need a good command of English and communication skills to make it. Also, truth is, if you’re fluent especially in Romglish you’ll feel easily at home, it’s our conversation language on a daily basis. And no way we’re joking!
We assume that you are familiar with Word, Power point and Excel. So if your computer literacy goes beyond your Instagram and Facebook skills, then that eases your work as well as ours.
Dive in – What will you be doing?
- You learn how to use EY tools in order to respond to EY policies and procedures.
- You will receive training and guidance in your first weeks at EY to equip you with all the info you need to kick it off.
- By constantly working in a team, you will interact with the client in order to collect all the necessary data/information, set-up and maintain audit files, prepare leads etc.
- You will develop working knowledge of the objectives of an audit (e.g., statutory and other regulatory requirements, client expectations, types of reports to be rendered) as well as the planned audit approach (including the effect of weaknesses in the control environment and other risks for the areas of the audit that they personally execute).
- You will executes audit procedures, such as obtaining an understanding of routine data processes, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures.
- You will prepare written communications such as client correspondence, memoranda and other working papers that document the audit procedures performed, the findings, and the results of those procedures.
- You will work under the close supervision of seniors/managers. Complete instructions are furnished and work is reviewed to verify its accuracy and compliance with required procedures and instructions.
- You will constantly take part in various soft skills and career trainings.
Above all we value teaming, personality and attitude.
- If you are a team player with a positive vibe, you are not be afraid to speak up in meetings and present your innovative ideas, you have a high level of motivation and you want to learn, every working hour every day, you are a high performer and achiever, then you are EY!
Working in Audit means most certainly one thing: no routine. We can be sure you will not get bored, not for a single moment.
You will wake up in different places as travelling to various clients is an integral part of the work of Auditors. Of course, that means you will get out into the world, meet lots of new people with whom you will work on projects.
Changing working environment calls for adaption, but it also means challenges. Admittedly a challenge might be long hours accompanied by more numbers and excel sheets than sleep hours to figure them out, but you will love high intensity working with highly motivated colleagues on a business trip. In the end it’s all about learning and the attempt to go out of your comfort zone.
Remember these key competencies. They will play a very important role during selection:
- Exceptional client service
- Relationship management
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Risk management
What’s in it for you?