The KPI Institute is a research institute specialized in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered globally through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartKPIs.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
- Previous experience with developing in PHP (either Windows or Linux environment)
- Previous experience of working with SQL database (eg. MySQL)
- Experience in working with Magento and WordPress
- Good command of English
- Passionate about the Internet and has a ‘hands-on' approach for delivering project results;
- Creativity and good visual sense;
- Professional attitude and excellent verbal skills;
- Attention to detail in ensuring everything is cross-checked and accurate;
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work;
- Write clean, well designed code. Work with SEO/SEM Specialist and IT Department in developing optimized website structure
- Employing a framework or extending an existing CMS with custom coding
- Research and implement improvement ideas for website functionality
- Help in updating companies’ websites to HTML 5
- Migrate Database from customized CMS to other e-platforms (eg. Wordpress)
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
The KPI Institute is the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education, providing through its publications and training courses insights on how to measure and learn with KPIs and beyond. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartKPIs.com, the result of a research program dedicated to documenting and cataloging how KPIs are used in practice. Its systems thinking based approach to designing performance architecture across all levels of an organisation facilitates connecting organisational, departmental and employee performance efforts and results.
The KPI Institute serves its international customer base through regional offices in Europe, Middle East, SE Asia and Australia, with educational and advisory projects conducted on 5 continents. Its European division, operated from Romania has been active since 2008 serving both national and international clients.