Booking Holdings Romania - Legal Counsel (Commercial)
Booking Holdings Romania is a Center of Excellence based in Bucharest, Romania and was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry best practices, and collaboration opportunities across all of our Brands
Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands - Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
Booking Holdings Inc, is looking for a Commercial Counsel, Legal to provide global legal support from our Center of Excellence (COE) located in Bucharest, Romania.
The Commercial Counsel, Legal will provide legal and privacy support to the Booking Holdings Commercial Legal team, working closely with senior leaders in the legal teams for Booking Holdings Inc. and its affiliated brands. The role will have a focus on working with Booking Holdings' Legal team on Cyber and Information Technology (IT) global vendor agreements.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage a diverse range of procurement agreements for Booking Holdings, which may be used by our global subsidiaries with focus on Cyber and IT vendors;
- Provide advice on legal questions needed to unlock challenges and move commercial agreements forward;
- Draft and negotiate procurement agreements, relying on our own precedents and templates where appropriate, and managing the process from inception through to signature;
- Work directly with the procurement team, relevant stakeholders, and the wider global business as a reliable and commercial-minded point of contact;
- Understand applicable processes and guidelines relating to contract review and provide support to the Booking Holdings' Legal team in order to update and implement such processes and guidelines;
- Be well-structured, clear and organized, with an ability to prioritize and drive progress within a very fast paced environment;
- Attend and contribute to the regular meetings of the Booking Holdings' Legal team and other attorneys at affiliated brands;
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to getting the job done, with a range of stakeholders both within the business and externally;
- Create and deliver guidance documents and training material for teams within the business;
- Other related responsibilities as needed, including but not limited to creating playbooks, templates, and applicable policies
Role Qualifications and Requirements
- Specialized Diploma and Bachelor degree
- 5-8 Years of relevant Job Knowledge
- EU law degree
- At least 5 years' experience in a reputable law firm and/or in-house team
- Commercial and contract drafting experience for a wide range of procurement agreements with focus on Cyber and IT contracts, required.
- Experience providing legal services in technology, travel or consumer goods spaces a plus
- Knowledge of global privacy legal regulations and requirements and familiarity with privacy provisions in agreements
- Familiarity with US-based contracts a plus
- Fluency in English - Ability to work and communicate directly in English
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong writing and editing skills and solid organizational skills
- Ability to work well with colleagues around the world and manage with ease both time-sensitive and long-term projects
- Superior problem-solving skills, leadership qualities, ability to influence, communications, consulting, and team/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others from any functional area, background, or location to influence thinking, and gain acceptance
- Ability to comfortably work with both technical and non-technical audiences and to work with and through all levels in an organization
- International experience: Self-awareness of communication style and cultural differences.
- Consultative style: Ability to formulate and articulate a perspective and present it in a manner that generates understanding and alignment.
- Self-motivated and capable of operating independently with limited oversight. Strong sense of personal accountability for work tasks.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Assertive, intellectually curious and self starter personality
Benefits & Perks
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users
Booking Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.