A Snapshot of Your Day:
As a Junior Buyer you will be responsible of the supply of materials based on customer requirements at the lowest price whilst ensuring quality & on-time delivery. You will support our interface partners for internal orders and the handling, controlling, and monitoring of Procurement activities within your assigned desks/commodities.
You will be a member of the Procurement organization that is responsible for developing procurement strategies for direct materials that will ensure the optimization of Siemens Energy's competitive position. As you will be working and communicating with German-speaking colleagues and predominantly German-speaking suppliers in the future, knowledge in German language will be helpful.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Contribute to the implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems, etc.)
- Prepare and conduct negotiations for low to medium Purchasing volumes to obtain highest feasible savings.
- Follow up with suppliers with regards to NCC costs.
- Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure Customer care and early involvement.
What You Bring:
- University degree in a technical or business-related field.
- Capability to negotiate and to operate in different cultures preferred.
- Ability to facilitate and foster a cooperative approach beyond your own organizational unit & function.
- Capable of applying classic negotiation methods.
- Knowledge of basic legal terms.
- Understanding when and who to involve for assistance if required.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards & norms that apply to our business & to his/her assigned desks/commodities.
- Adherence to process requirements in terms of compliance, is aware of the Business Conduct Guidelines and applies them in the day-to-day work.
- Ability to read, understand, and answer simple messages in emails from colleagues and suppliers.
- Ability to break down issues into workable components.
- Confidence in managing exchange of information or complaints with colleagues and Suppliers.
- Strong communication skills
- SAP Knowledge is an advantage
- Advanced English language skills, German language skills would be nice to have
About the Team
At Project Procurement Team, our aim is to add value to Siemens Energy and its Customers. Our actions are consistently based on striving for productivity, quality, availability, and digitalization.
Our purchasing team operates from different office sites in Germany and purchase for global power plant projects.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Siemens Energy's location in One Cotroceni Park is more than just an office space - it's a hub for a vibrant and thriving community. Nestled in the heart of Bucharest, this urban development is the perfect place to work, surrounded by green spaces, shopping destinations, and everything the city center has to offer. And with the Academia Militara subway station just a 3-minute walk away, getting around the city has never been easier.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character ??? no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Your lunch with SE meal tickets
- Keep your brain fit with our trainings
- Special for books lovers - Bookster
- Stay safe and healthy with our medical subscription
- Think about your future too with Privat Pension Pilon III
- Take care of yourself with our Wellbeing Initiatives
Jobs & Careers: