Qt / C++ Senior Software Developer
A Snapshot of Your Day
As a Senior Software Developer you will develop, maintain, and extend a PC-based software which is the interface for operation and diagnosis of several complex embedded systems. You are responsible of defining design and structure of new features for the PC Software, together with the developers of the embedded systems.
The software should enable easy operation by the user without neglecting topics such as reliability or IT security. The development includes design and realization of modules for direct access to the embedded systems, the GUI for the user, system testing and user documentation.
How You`ll Make an Impact
- You are responsible for development and maintenance of the software tool, together with your colleagues and the development teams of the embedded systems
- You stay in touch with the development teams of the embedded systems continuously, to identify new requirements and new features
- You define design and architecture of new functions/features and make them fit into the architecture of the existing parts of the tool
- You are responsible for the quality of the software
- You realize new functions, modules, and features. This includes testing and documentation
What You Bring
- You have a master's degree in computer science or similar
- You have 5+ years of experience in a software engineering capacity including responsibility for software design & architecture
- You have expert knowledge in Qt and C/C++
- You have expert knowledge of network protocols such as TCP, UDP or TLS
- You are an experienced user of DevOps tooling such as Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins or JFrog
- You are an experienced user of open-source software and have sound knowledge of advantages and disadvantages as well as requirements for and implications when performing software clearing
- You have experience with Active Directory and/ or Radius
- You have good communication skills, fluent English is required
Nice to have
- Good skills in German
- Experience of working in an international team
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Early influence your future organization and drive decisions for the future architecture
- Develop a network with different internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize strong partnerships with all leading public cloud providers
- Create with all necessary partners and stakeholders a new cloud environment
- Gain further knowledge for cost optimization of a large cloud environment
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Check out our video to see what we do.
Siemens Energy's location in One Cotroceni Park is more than just an office space - it's a hub for a vibrant and thriving community. Nestled in the heart of Bucharest, this urban regeneration development is the perfect place to live and work, surrounded by green spaces, shopping destinations, and everything the city center has to offer. And with the Academia Militara subway station just a 3-minute walk away, getting around the city has never been easier.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character ??? no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Your lunch with SE meal tickets
- Keep your brain fit with our trainings
- Special for books lovers - Bookster
- Stay safe and healthy with our medical subscription
- Think about your future too with Privat Pension Pilon III
- Take care of yourself with our Wellbeing Initiatives
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.