Booking Holdings Romania - IT Disaster Recovery Senior Lead
Booking Holdings Romania is a Center of Excellence based in Bucharest, Romania and was built to support the growing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The COE provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry standard processes, and collaboration opportunities across all of our Brands.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of the world's leading provider of online travel, with a mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world through six-primary consumer facing brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, KAYAK, OpenTable and Rentalcars.comRole description
We are currently looking for an expert IT Disaster Recovery professional to support the build and delivery of the ITDR program from the ground up. The position will offer a high degree of visibility as we take IT Disaster Recovery from theory to practice over the coming 12-18 months.
The position reports to our newly formed Group Resilience team, situated within the Global Security & Resilience organization, and is tasked with building Bookings' resilience across all of the organizations. As part of the Group Resilience team, encompassing Cyber and Fraud Incident Management, Crisis Management, IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, the ITDR Senior Lead will be vital in developing the ITDR framework including development of policies and standards, technology dependency mapping, threat assessment and strategy development, testing & exercising, and reporting. You will be instrumental in using the heightened awareness around resiliency to deliver a best-in-class ITDR program in a dynamic, ambitious, and exciting environment. This role will join the current ITDR team and help lay the foundational elements needed such as discovery, risk assessments, technology dependency mapping, oversight of data backup & restore capabilities, ITDR governance, and compliance.
This position requires a strong customer focus, technical capability, flexibility, independence, technical, and the ability to problem solve. The ideal candidate will be comfortable adapting to ambiguity and have a consistent track record of delivering activities and impressive results in specialist or manager level roles.Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Influence leadership and critical teams throughout the business to support and invest in ITDR, ensuring a reliable and working 'First line'
- Review the outcomes of Business Impact Analysis (BIA) completed in BC Program and work with key customers to understand what is crucial to the organization, our customers and people to ensure our resilience work align to what is important
- Function as a point of contact for ITDR, creating strong formal and informal networks with multi-functional partners to drive engagement and program viability
- Support the delivery of the Global IT Disaster Recovery Roadmap
- Ongoing management of the Technology Dependency Mapping process aligned to customer and business needs / priorities
- Supply to the development of an organizational level strategy approach (response and recovery plan templates) aligning to the threat / strategy approach
- Contribute to the development and ongoing maintenance of the organizational response plan aligned to threat / strategy approach
- Planning, setup, rollout, testing and maintenance of the ITDR plans
- Contribute to ongoing review and improvement of the ITDR Program, aligning to the maturity and changing needs of the organization
- Review and assess Key 3rd party & partner requirements
- Quality assurance of restore and response plans maintained by partners
- Ensure team member alignment to ITDR Policy and Data Backup & Restore Policy
- Support periodic or ad hoc compliance and audit reviews
- Support the technical implementation and update of the resilience platform and ensure its readiness for use in the ITDR program
- Benchmark industry standard methodologies and drive continuous improvement for the ITDR Program, deep-diving into data, processes, systems, and challenges
- Ensure understanding and alignment to ISO 27031, NIST and other regulatory requirements
- Challenge assumptions about "the way things are done" from an organizational and industry perspective
- Must be available to respond to incidents outside of regular business hours when required
- proven ability working in ITDR programs and successful execution in sophisticated, decentralized environments, ideally in the tech industry
- Business Continuity experience desirable
- IT Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) or other DR professional certification (highly valued)
- Strong customer focus and understanding of ITDR requirements being driven by what is crucial to the organization / customers
- Excellent customer engagement skills with particular ability to communicate the importance and benefits of ITDR to the organization in a way that meets team member needs
- Highly organized and focused on prioritization, planning, tracking, and coordination across programs in a fast-moving, high pressured environment
- Solid attention to detail
- A practical approach to ITDR and Risk Management
- Must be able to grow and develop strong relationships with employees across functions and geographic locations
- Excellent google suite, Microsoft office skills, and ease with adapting to new technology. Experience with BCM software
- Good communication skills (oral and written to unique audiences), you must be able to guide and positively influence our customers while building trust and collaboration
- Experience in technical major incident management (significant disruptions). Cyber security experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of Data Backup & Restore requirements / capabilities
- Giving to a high scale, sophisticated, world-class product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users
Booking Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.