Booking Holdings Romania - Engineering Manager - Identity & Access Management
Booking Holdings Romania is a Center of Excellence(COE) based in Bucharest, Romania and was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry standard processes, and collaboration opportunities across all of our Brands.
As part of our Booking Holdings team, you will be a part of the world's leading provider of online travel, with a mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world through six-primary consumer facing brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, KAYAK, OpenTable and Rentalcars.com.Role description
The role of Engineering Manager is to primarily lead, mentor and develop an engineering team, ensuring the development of both (the individual and team as a whole) are in line with organizational objectives and direction. Handles all activities of engineering in scope through the direction of activities, to design new product features and modify existing designs, ensuring that work are on time and with acceptable quality. In addition to this, the role will confer with leaders, production, key customers and marketing teams to resolve engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, scalability and time-to-market for new and existing products.
The IAM area provides guidelines and services related to corporate identities, authentication, single-sign-on, multi-factor authentication and authorization. It supports business units in setting up a secure access control flow, and ensuring that the right users get access to only the resources they require in order to do their job, in a least-privileged mentality.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead the Integrations Engineering team. You will demonstrate your technicality to grow those around you, drive your team's performance and relentlessly improve the scalability our systems. You are a role model who leads from the front.
You will guide teams through all aspects of engineering, being hands on when needed. You will own and operate critical, high scale services. You will frequently collaborate with collaborators in a variety of functions including but not limited to engineering, product, and leadership.Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspire, grow and develop individuals by helping the creation of their personal development plan, using available learning resources and offering stretch opportunities.
- Lead underperformance by setting and reviewing performance objectives and important metrics, providing timely feedback and collaborating with HR counterparts.
- Get things done in the right way by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborate with business counterparts, peers, other craft managers and partners.
- Ensure delivery by supervising team health metrics and KPIs, monitoring roadmap progress, identifying blockers and resolving or calling out them.
- Lead the team's collaborators by reporting progress and blockers in a clear and timely manner.
- Plan and handle headcount by actively participating and involving own team in recruitment efforts and planning processes.
- Lead a service E2E by actively supervising application health and performance, setting and run relevant metrics and act accordingly when violated.
- Reduce business continuity risks and bus factors by applying innovative practices and tools, and writing the appropriate documentation such as runbooks and OpDocs.
- Reduce risk and obtain customer feedback by using continuous delivery and experimentation frameworks.
- Be responsible for a product or service by working through deployment and operations in production.
- Address and resolve live production issues by mitigating the customer impact within SLA.
- Improve the overall reliability of systems by producing long term solutions through root cause analysis.
- Keep track of incidents by chipping in to postmortem processes and logging live issues.
- Build software applications by using relevant development languages and applying knowledge of systems, services and tools appropriate for the business area.
- Write readable and reusable code by applying standard patterns and using standard libraries.
- Refactor and simplify code by introducing design patterns when vital.
- Ensure the quality of the application by following standard testing techniques and methods that make sure to the test strategy.
- Maintain data security, integrity and quality by optimally following company standards and best practices.
- Advise product teams towards a technical solution that meets the functional, nonfunctional & architectural requirements by challenging the rationale for an application design and providing context in the wider architectural landscape.
- Set a clear direction for a technical capability by evaluating and aligning the target architecture improvements, reframing architectural designs and decisions for multifaceted collaborators.
- Find opportunities for process, system and structural improvements (i.e performance gains) by examining and evaluating current process flows, methods and standards.
- Design and implement relevant improvements by defining adapted/new process flows, standards, and practices that enable business performance.
- Deliver clear, well-structured, and relevant information to a target audience by using suitable communication mediums and language tailored to the audience
- Achieve mutually agreeable solutions by staying adaptable, presenting ideas in clear coherent language and practicing active listening
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of managing a team of 5 people
- Ability to proactively lead multiple initiatives and a magnitude of customers in a sustainable schedule
- Ability to improvise and maintain productive healthy atmosphere within and outside of your team
- Strong technical background, preferably with experience in Identity and Access Management(IAM), including experience with identity providers (IdPs), and access management systems
- Familiarity with industry standards such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect and LDAP
- Experience with integrating IAM solutions with various applications, systems and platforms
- Understanding of APIs, Single Sign On (SSO) and multi factor authentication (MFA)
- Knowledge of IAM Best Practices, security principles, and compliance standards (Sox, GDPR, PCI-DSS) etc
- Proven leadership capabilities, including the ability to lead and empower a diverse engineering team. Experience in guiding and mentoring team members to achieve their potential
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to address complex integration challenges and find innovative solutions
- A mentality of continuous improvement and willingness to stay updated with the latest IAM trends, technologies, and industry developments
- Ability to identify potential risks associated with Access Management integrations and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to delivering IAM solutions that meet the needs and expectations of internal and external collaborators.
- Proficiency in organizational change practices to efficiently implement IAM integrations and drive adoption within the organization.
- An enthusiastic teammate who develops a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Giving to a high scale, sophisticated, world best-in-class product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture.
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users.
Booking Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.