Java Software Engineer Specialist
Worldpay is an industry leading payments technology and solutions company with unique capabilities to power omni-commerce across the globe. Whether online, in store or mobile, you’ll find Worldpay at the heart of great commerce experiences in 146 countries and across 135 currencies. To learn more, visit worldpay.com or follow on LinkedIn, X, and Facebook.
Are you ready to unleash your full potential? Join today and work with people who are passionate about payments and chart Worldpay’s path to being the largest and most-loved payments company in the world.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer you could work with bleeding edge technology as you build innovative fintech products that change the way the world pays, banks and invests. This will involve developing core versions of software applications, identifying client requirements and technical specifications, interacting with engineering groups and training clients on applications.
About the team:
Worldpay is an international leader, the biggest in the world, in payments processing technology servicing all types of businesses – big and small, online and traditional retail outlets.
The company’s financial products include credit cards, ATM processing, merchant services, rewards and fraud prevention.
Worldpay’s New Acquiring Platform (NAP) specialises in delivering online payment services to our customers and we are looking for Engineers to join our team to take it to the next level. NAP is unique in the world and puts us firmly beyond what the competition can deliver.
Operating within a collaborative Agile environment, we aim to deliver effective solutions to the business and our customers using our evolving payment platform.
We are looking for proactive Team players who would like to work in the Fintech sector with likeminded individuals that want to develop robust and scalable applications for the growing market.
What you will be doing:
As part of an Agile team, you will contribute and support the team to deliver its commitments on a predictable way according to the SAFe definition and with the expected quality.
• Perform design reviews, provide input and estimates the effort required for implementation
• Design application components to meet the business requirements and the functional design
• Development of source code, including descriptions, in accordance with the functional design and the technical design
• Develop unit and integration tests to the highest possible coverage levels
• Provide Level 3 support - maintenance of applications by fixing defects/bugs and performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes
• Proactively identify and suggest improvements and enhancements to working practices
• Produce well structured, maintainable, reliable and fit for purpose code at an accepted level of quality
• Create builds and deployment baselines, deployment notes and operating instructions
What you will need:
• Can-do attitude and a sense of responsibility for the wider implications of software engineering, having a flexible approach necessary for the role, as business requirements and their relative priorities are subject to review and change
• Strong JAVA skills (Common Packages, Collections, Generics, Threads, Exceptions, XML, JMS, JPA, JTA, etc)
• Good experience in building large applications with accent on memory and performance profiling
• Proficient with Java frameworks/technologies and tools like: IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Git, Log4J, Jenkins
• Experience working databases (standard SQL, Oracle)
• Good knowledge of unit testing (JUnit including Mockito and PowerMock), build and deployment processes
• Passion for sharing knowledge and best practices
• Ability to work in virtual teams shared across multiple locations
• Relevant experience of at least 7 years as Java Developer
• Fluent English (written/verbal)
Added bonus if you have:
• Sound understanding and experience of Agile working practices
• Business knowledge of Payment systems
• Knowledge of Test-Driven Development
• Experience with ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash)
• Experience with Angular 11, TypeScript
• Working experience with Spring having a focus on Data Access/Integration (JDBC, JMS, Transaction, Spring incl. Spring batch, Spring boot)
• Good understanding / experience working with messaging systems: JMS and/or Kafka
• Experience with Splunk, Sonar, Checkmarx
• Familiarity with scheduling/orchestration systems (e.g. Control-M)
• Familiarity with Shell scripting
• Experience with Scripting languages (e.g. Python)
• AWS and Cloud architecture experience
What we offer you
• Competitive salary and fantastic range of benefits – private health insurance including dental, meal vouchers, private pension, sport allowance, well-being programs
• A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
• 26 vacation days per year and bank holidays replacement
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in the payment industry
• Time to support charities and give back in your community
- Abonament medical
- Abonament stomatologic
- Asigurare medicala
- Asigurare de viata
- Abonament la sala sport
- Pensie privata
- Abonament Bookster
- Indemnizatie telemunca / decontare utilitati
- Zile libere suplimentare
- Program de lucru flexibil
- Petreceri/evenimente companie
- Tichete de masa