Ubisoft Graduate Program 2022 - Gameplay Programming
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ubisoft Romania active
View all jobs Ubisoft Graduate Program 2022 - Gameplay Programming active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. With 20,000 employees, Ubisoft is present in 45 studios around the globe in a human and innovative spirit. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers as Assassin's Creed ®, Far Cry ®, Watch Dogs® or Just Dance ®.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for Graduates in Gameplay Programming.
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a two-year international program for fresh Graduates who expect a career accelerator into the games industry. They will benefit from an individual development plan and follow-up in order to develop their skills in gameplay programming. Depending on the studio to which you are eligible, the Graduate Program may be a local track or an international track.
Local track: Over two years in the same studio, Graduates will have the opportunity to work on thrilling projects with multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment.
International track: Over two years, Graduates will have the opportunity to work in two different studios in different countries.
To know which studio offers local or international track, please refer to the locations indicated at the bottom.
As Gameplay Programmer, you are accountable for the interactivity of the game. You turn game design rules and gameplay elements (features, animation, sound…) into playable sequences. You collaborate closely with designers, artists, animators and other game development team members. Your goal is to offer players the most comfortable, immersive & fun game experience possible.
As a member of a game development team, you’ll be involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Participate in the development of features that will make the game come to life
- Evaluate and propose innovative tools and techniques to achieve the best quality, based on the functionalities of the engine
- Suggest and participate in the conception of prototypes with the design team
- Participate in the architecture, conception and implementation of gameplay code based on design intentions, and implement game controls focusing on quality
- Optimize and debug gameplay code to ensure that gameplay is fluid
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2022 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships)
- You have good C++ programming skills and capacity to write readable and modular code
- You have a good knowledge of object–oriented development and technical knowledge of the software development process for prototyping, developing, optimizing and debugging.
- You have a strong interest in games system and mechanics
- You are curious about technical knowledge in physics, mathematics, animation & arts
- Your excellent analysis and problem solving skills will help you deploy effective solutions to complex problems
- You understand and care about player needs
- Your passion and knowledge for video games will make a difference
- You can work well both autonomously and collaborate within multicultural and cross-disciplinary team: your interpersonal skills are an asset for cooperating with multiple job families
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile
Application period: January 3rd (10:00am Paris time) – March 15th (6:30pm Paris time)
Location for 1st year: Annecy (International), Berlin (International), Bucharest (International), Chengdu (Local or International), Ivory Tower in Lyon (Local), Kyiv (Local), RedLynx in Helsinki (Local and International), Red Storm in Cary (Local), Mumbai (Local), Toronto (Local), Saguenay (Local), Singapore (International), Sofia (Local), Winnipeg (Local)
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our players’ community.