React Front End Developer
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your life at Ubi:
The IT Department of UBISOFT is looking for a React Front End Developer to join a team responsible with designing and developing web applications exposed online to UBISOFT gamers.
As part of our experienced team located in Bucharest, you will have an active role on challenging projects like a global web authentication solution used by worldwide players to connect to UBISOFT online ecosystem. The development process includes challenges related to security, performance and scalability.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment and gain invaluable knowledge and expertise all along the way.
Your main mission:
- Provide analysis and front end development with React or other web technologies;
- Work with Project Managers to build project plans and estimations;
- Deliver on time and with good quality;
- Propose ideas to improve the applications, procedures and technologies used.
The professional value you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent;
- Relevant experience as a Front End web developer (integrating REST apis);
- Good knowledge of TypeScript and React;
- Experience with various web dev tools (webpack, gulp, npm, etc);
- Server side development experience (.net, node) is a plus;
- Good level of English.
The personal value you bring:
- Sense of humor, positive approach and work well within a team;
- Autonomous and self-motivated;
- Enthusiasm for learning new and emergent technologies;
- Analytical skills, attention to details; ability to understand user needs.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!