In-Play Analysts wanted
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs KAMBI active
View all jobs In-Play Analysts wanted active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
Our name, Kambi, is inspired by the Japanese word ” perfection”. It reflects our belief in craftmanship and quality, and the unfettered desire to want more for our clients. That’s how we approach everything we do.
We are expanding our team and looking for people with analytical mindset to join our Bucharest office.
No prior experience is required as we provide the necessary training to see you completely autonomous.
For this job we have multiple roles available within our team.
What will you do?
- You will monitor worldwide famous sport events and influence related market movements.
- You will be involved in live events trading, by providing analysis and recommendations and odds compiling
- We want you to be part of identifying and managing the risk for live betting activity and reporting it to related departments.
- Testing new products and liaising with our product owners, by using our innovative software platform.
- Because of the nature of sports fixtures, the role will consistently involve weekend work. The persons will be recruited for rotating shifts with the start-time between 08.30 and 17.00.
What is the profile that we are looking for
- We would like you to have the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and tools
- Also have high numerical ability and attention to details
- A basic passion for one sport at least (tennis, basketball, football ar other sports) would make also a good fit for the job
- Being well organized and having an analytical personality could help you in this activity
- We want a computer literate, who is fluent in English (written and spoken)
- And who has an university degree, preferably in an analytical field.
- demonstrate a constructive approach towards any challenge
- think common sense goes a long way
Why join Kambi as an In-Play Analyst?
- You will have an initial training and continuous learning program
- You will find an interesting job where you won’t be stressed but neither get bored
- We are also offering a great working environment, with lots of young colleagues and many team activities
- Several types of bonuses, based on individual performance
- Real opportunity to progress, if you are willing to put in the energy and the hard work.
What is it like to work as an In-Play Analyst?
In November 2016 my journey at Kambi began and I couldn’t have asked for more.
I always give my 110% for this job, because I enjoy every bit of it. In March 2018 I got my promotion and became a team manager, I currently lead a team of 12 in-play traders and I am more than happy with this role that brought me a lot of accomplishments on the way.
The in-play analyst position is a very active one. Basically, you are assigned some sports events that
you need to monitor using in-house tools and you are responsible for the odds that appear on site, to make
sure that they are the ones that are reflecting the reality perfectly. The role has 2 important sides:
the analysis one and the reporting one.
The first one requires monitoring the live events in the most focused way possible so you would be able to make any change in the odds, making them always perfectly adapted to what is actually happening during the sport event.
The other side of the job, the reporting side, it’s all about identifying potential suspicious behaviors in the betting pattern and report them to the in charge departments. Either you’re a sports fan or not, I assure you that the adrenaline you get is unique and you’ll never get bored of it. This is the kind of job that gives you something new to see/watch/experience everyday.
I think this job is suitable for any candidate who is a sports fan, but also for someone who has nothing to do with the sports industry, but likes analyzing, interpreting and reacting based on certain behavioral patterns. Our team is very young and fun to work with and the environment and the culture are really awesome.
Andreea, In-Play Analyst Team Leader, KAMBI
I have been in Kambi for 3 years. I can say that this job fits me like a glove being very passionate about sports, especially Handball. My knowledge of Handball gave me the opportunity to become, in a short time, the Bucharest Handball Expert. The best part of Kambi is that you can find an opportunity to do what you like in a flexible workplace enviroment.
Every day of work is different for an In-Play trader surrounded by sports updates or new challenges and I think in order to be an successful In-Play trader you need to have the following three skills:
- Analytical Skill, one skill every In-Play trader needs is the ability to analyze data quickly. There is a lot of quick math involved in trading.
- Record Keeping, one of the most important keys to trade live matches is record keeping. After gaining some experience the In-play Trader can detect certain patterns.
- Focus, because many factors are involved in the trading process, attention is crucial.
For me the most difficult part on the job, being an active person, is to stay in front of the computer hours in a row, but I try to walk through the office or play some table tennis.
At Kambi I always find something new about sports and as a personal example I had the opportunity to discover and work on Pesapallo, a sport unknown to me until I arrived in Kambi but very famous in Finland. It is actually known as the national sport in Finland, is similar to baseball but with some changes.
Andrei, Handball Odds compiler/Live Expert, KAMBI
I joined Kambi in early 2011 as an In-Play Analyst. Two years into my career at Kambi in this position ‘learning the ropes’ and a short experience in the Delivery Team, I was promoted to manage a newly formed Part-Time Live Trading Team, predominantly consisting of University students in London.
In 2015 I was presented with my biggest opportunity to date at Kambi- the chance to relocate to Bucharest in order to head up a new trading office there. While there were of course, challenges on the journey, the process was incredibly rewarding. Seeing the office continue to grow, both in numbers, and in terms of importance to the overall business, has been fascinating to follow more recently from my new role in London.
Being In Play Analyst at Kambi is a fantastic position for an individual ready to take their first steps in a fast-growing industry. I don’t believe it is more suitable to a particular profile than another - you can either be a sport passionate, or equally a lover of statistics and/or problem solving.
The work done by In-Play Analysts is crucial to the running of the business; they are responsible for ensuring the in-play markets on matches are available to the punters, and so therefore have a huge impact on how Kambi’s product is displayed day to day.
Luke, Head of Live Department, KAMBI
KAMBI is a leading B2B provider of premium sports betting services to licensed gaming operators. From our innovative, in-house developed software to customer intelligence, risk management, odds compiling, and front-end user interface, we strive to bring value for our customers, by making the sports betting experience the one that goes beyond any other.
Our vision is to create the world’s leading sports betting experiences, together with our partners.
We offer a fully managed sports betting service together with over 700 passionate and highly skilled people from our offices in Malta (HQ), Bucharest, London, Stockholm, Manila, Sydney, Uppsala and Philadelphia. Our truly diverse network and culture help us to understand the needs and motivations of our clients from all around the world.
We are eager to receive your CV and cover letter in English to learn more about you and what makes your pulse beat. We are continuously reviewing applicants for the role, so keep your eyes open!