Head of Software Development for PDC HUD - I ID TSR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Continental active
View all jobs Head of Software Development for PDC HUD - I ID TSR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
The Interior division specializes in information management. It develops and produces information, communication and network solutions for cars and commercial vehicles. This enables and optimizes the control of the complex flow of information between the driver, passengers and the vehicle as well as mobile devices, other vehicles and the outside world. To achieve this, the division is involved in cross-sector collaborations with leading companies.
Business objective Development of complete software projects for Intelligent & Slave Head-Up Displays for European customers - Volkswagen, Daimler, Renault and PSA, from RFQ to launch in production, using modern Agile methodologies. Organization footprint International software development group established in Timisoara, working closely with Continental locations in Europe, North America and Asia and external partners in Europe. Organization size: 45 engineers (Continental), 90+ engineers (including external partners). Tasks
* Group strategy definition, alignment, implementation and continuous adjustment.
* Budget planning for headcount, budget, travel and investment;
* Definition and implementation of the hiring plan
* Performance management: periodical team members evaluation and appraisal;
* Develops the organization to fit project needs
* Coaching new software project managers, team leaders and group leaders;
* Ensures cross-functional communication / cooperation to improve information flow;
* People development: ensures appropriate training and coaching of employees to improve their level of technical know-how and maximize their performance;
* Promote group competences within local and international business environment
* Responsible for the quality of the deliveries within his group in terms of time, budget and process adherence
* Motivation and support for developing professional competences within his group
* Quotation responsible for new projects
* Continuous monitoring of project deliveries
* Support launch in production activities
* Prepare and ensure positive assessments results (A-Spice, VDA, code and architecture assessments)
* 5+ years experience in leading a distributed group of software development engineers
* University Degree in a technical field (computer science, electronics, telecom);
* Proactive, ambitious and result oriented attitude;
* Customer oriented;
* Fluent English; German is an advantage.
* Very good communication and networking skills
* Advantage: experience in leading Agile software projects (SCRUM)
* Advantage: experience in embedded SW development in Automotive industry;
* Advantage: knowledge of automotive standards for software development;
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.