Waste Management & Cleaning Coordinator - IKEA Romania, Pallady
Vision: Create a better everyday life for the many people
IKEA is one of the largest home furnishing companies in the world, with more than 400 store in more than 50 countries.
IKEA is a fast growing company acting on a highly competitive market. From now, until August 2018, we intend to open 15 new stores around the world.
Our business idea is to offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
IKEA is building a logistic network for the future that will continue to supply our customers with quality home furnishing products at a low price. We want to become even faster, more flexible and always more cost efficient. We want to do this through a mix between the offline and online, the store and e-commerce.
Values like simplicity, different with a meaning and lead by example, in combination with renewal, improving and caring for the people and planet, reflect our culture and let us grow strong together.
We are looking for YOU, a talented, challenging and motivated person who shares our values, who will contribute to our growth and who will be one of our future managers!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Facility Management function in IKEA is focused on providing the best support to IKEA core business throughout the building life cycle; and to support sustainable business development to the lowest possible long-term cost.
As a Waste Management & Cleaning Coordinator you will handle all the activities and actions required to manage waste from its inception to its final disposal. This includes amongst other things collection, transport, treatment and disposal of waste together with monitoring and regulation. It also encompasses the legal and regulatory framework that relates to waste management encompassing guidance on recycling. You will also be ensuring all cleaning standards are met daily and any deficiencies are addressed immediately.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• the ability to grasp complex and dynamic legislation;
• the capacity to explain, apply and monitor such legislation;
• effective communication skills, both oral and written;
• patience and resilience;
• analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
• leadership and management skills;
• good organisational and administrative skills;
• an interest in, and understanding of, the environment and sustainability issues;
• relevant knowledge of working with MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Projects);
• high standard of written and verbal communication skills in local language and basic (written and verbal) understanding of English.
• available for night shift, weekends and holidays.
Your tasks will include:
• Monitoring the quality and performance of waste services, including contract management of external providers;
• Aiming to exceed waste reduction and recycling targets;
• Developing and following a defined cleaning program so that all employees are understanding of all tasks and guidelines to ensure the cleanliness of the Store Working with contractors to ensure the contractual obligations are met.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.